DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Trade Marketing Manager, the Field Marketing Representative (FMR) will support the broader marketing and sales teams in the BC region in representing Sleeman Breweries in the promotion of the PBR brand (but not limited to PBR brand). This is a 12 month, part-time contract position.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the cultivation, recommendation, planning and execution of promotions, events, grass roots sponsorships and niche marketing opportunities designed to enhance brand awareness, consumer trial and loyalty as well as sales volume.
- Develop and execute on-premise promotions / selling tools in consultation with the appropriate Marketing and Sales functional stakeholders.
- Specific duties related to all activities include planning, budgeting, set up, working the event, tear down, and post-mortem documentation.
- Communicate objectives, plans and results to appropriate marketing leaders, sales managers as directed.
- Establish relationships and keep regular contact with key influencers of the PBR target audience as well as key accounts where the target audience gathers.
- Must carefully plan/track expenses related to all activities and manage those expenses within the budget provided.
- At all times must represent the organization and brands in an appropriate, professional manner.
- Spends time in-field with our sales representatives in Western region.
- Liaise with all internal departments and external agencies and suppliers as required.
- Special projects as required which may involve other brands in the Sleeman portfolio.
# of Hires Needed
- Post-secondary education in marketing or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in in the Food & Beverage industry
- Experience in a packaged goods environment is an asset
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and a reliable vehicle
- Must be physically fit and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Marketing background preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Events, Sponsorship, Promotion experience as asset
- Experience developing maintaining social media networks
- Requires a passion for the beer industry and embraces culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building ability
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Self motivated, with a drive to work in a fast paced, dynamic and ever changing work environment
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability
- Requires the flexibility to work some extended hours and occasionally on weekends if necessary
- Some out of province travel may be required