Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Vancouver, BC
Field Marketing Manager
The Field Marketing Manager’s mission will be to act as the primary liaison between sales and marketing brand teams in the creation of provincial customized regional brand plans, key account programs and strong activation strategy (on and off premise), that are in alignment with the marketing plan. Will also provide insight and feedback in the development and execution of brand strategies, participate in planning meetings, and deliver trade marketing best practices while achieving Beam Canada’s profit objectives.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
This amazing role provides a platform to showcase superior communication skills, enthusiasm and a contagious appetite for celebrating life.
The ability to work with internal key stake holders & customers across the globe.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make a Difference, Fast! That’s our mantra – and we stick to it! Every Beam Suntory team member is an owner of our future.
- Deliver winning programs against our top five focus areas
- Demonstrates trade programming effectiveness tracking/recommendations
- Manages BTL and Trade budget effectively
- Ensure that national and/or regional consumer marketing programs are communicated to the sales team and ensure effectiveness of these programs.
- Develop and manage the marketing and trade promotion calendar by brand, ensuring retail programs are incorporated and Regional Sales Director (RSD) approval is obtained.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to marketing from the region on competitive activity and the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns, PR activations, consumer promotion, new product launches and new packaging initiatives.
- Manage tradeshow activity in the region including the selection of shows, coordination of resources, planning, execution and evaluation of shows.
- Complete and submit all Retail programming applications, new listings, new product applications to Liquor Boards.
- Manage the creation of SAP campaign numbers, set up of PO’s, report generation through SAP and Aperity. Management of SAP tracking system (TPM) Strategic Evaluation - Evaluate regional opportunities together with RSD to maximize volume opportunities.
Key Customer Interactions
- Work with Regional Sales Director (RSD) and team to provide recommendations on how to impact distribution gaps. Work with RSD and Supply & Ops team to establish forecasts and manage inventory. Update & manage regional A&P budgets & programming calendars.
- Work closely with the LCBO Buying Operations and Marketing Management teams in the selling of new listings, programming, and special events. Ensure that any employee or consumer tasting and product knowledge training at the retail level is developed and executed.
- Vintages Account Management: Manages customer relation at Vintages including business plans, new listing applications, brand health of essential products and special events. Will work in conjunction with sales team to deliver relevant materials to help sell through of product in a timely manner. Responsibility to include visits to retail stores, and to build best practice protocol for Vintages within the sales team.
- Activation for all brands, including partner brands, translate marketing campaigns into highly effective customer & consumer oriented activation programs that are aligned & agreed to by the marketing team.
- Own and manage creative (with alignment with marketing) production, purchasing and distribution of all base business selling materials for on & off presence, FLOW, gift with purchase, and gift packs.
- Manage the Beam Mixx it program on a regional basis.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
Education- University Degree, business background an asset
Years of experience- 3 years + sales, marketing and/or field marketing experience in beverage alcohol or CPG environment
Travel %- Must be willing to travel from time to time as the role dictates
Additional qualifications desired: Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in delivering results.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.