ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organizations with ambitious missions – whether they’re in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed.
By joining ThoughtWorks, you join a diverse community of bright individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. In our 20th year, over 2300 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 11 countries.
We're seeking passionate technologists, regardless of background to work with us. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
As an Interaction Designer, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional agile team, understanding and developing workflow for users through the UI
- Act as the bridge between creativity and engineering
- Design, develop, and lead end user, administrator, and GUI initiatives
- Help drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on UI development/design
- Inspire innovation with both the client and team
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and product.
Travel the world with offices on multiple continents
Represent TW at conferences, meetups, and talks, challenging the design status-quo
Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
Think through complex business and system problems, and work with a team to make them reality
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what you’ll bring:
Taking concepts/lo-fi and driving the design through release
- An excellent eye for visual design
- System feedback and transparency design
- Consulting on front-end tech stacks
- Knowledge of heuristic design principles and information architecture
- Experience working with development teams
- Agile development practices (bonus)
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices (bonus)
- Mobile and responsive development (bonus)
- Back-end development (bonus)
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Most of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
Our North America offices are in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Toronto. Relocation isn't necessary if you live in one of these cities. If you live elsewhere, please let us know to which one you are willing to relocate to.