- Pivotal leadership opportunity for a passionate and innovative communications professional!
- Don't miss this opportunity to see your work have a real-world impact!
- Enjoy a competitive remuneration package, PLUS a great host of benefits!
PolicyWise exists to improve the well-being of children, families, and communities by leading, creating, and mobilizing research and evaluation for evidence-informed policy and practice.
As an innovative not-for-profit organization governed by members representing government, academia, and community, our employees are experts in data analytics, applied research and evaluation, and knowledge mobilization.
About the Role
PolicyWise currently has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director of Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing to join their team in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the Executive Team, you will plan, develop, and implement of all of PolicyWise’s marketing strategies, corporate communications, and public relations activities, both externally and internally.
More specifically, you will take a creative approach in using multi-faceted and multimedia strategies to disseminate evidence, news updates, and promotional opportunities on both short and long-term initiatives. You will also direct the efforts of the marketing, communications, and public relations staff, as well as coordinate with the other departments at the strategic and tactical levels.
A key area of focus will be ensuring that marketing/communications/public relations goals and financial objectives are achieved. You will also ensure that evaluation systems are in place, and be responsible for reporting on objectives and progress to the CEO and Board.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication or a related field plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant, progressive leadership experience.
Previous experience in a not-for-profit or academic environment is an asset but is not required.
You will also possess:
- A strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve measurable outcomes in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Knowledge of and variety of experience desired including not-for-profit, for-profit, academic, provincial and/or municipal government sectors
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, and design software
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong financial and human resources management skills
As a seasoned communications professional, you will have strong written and verbal communications skills. Similarly, exceptional creative, strategic, organizational and promotional skills are essential.
You must also have strong relational, interpersonal and leadership skills. Adaptable, and flexible, you are comfortable working in a team environment. Above all, you must demonstrate integrity and respect for others in everything that you do.
About the Rewards
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive annual salary of $120,000 - $165,000 plus a great host of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental, and vision benefits
- LTD, Life, and AD&D insurance
- A Health and Wellness Account of $950 per calendar year
- Personal Education support of $500 per calendar year
- Additional time off for professional development and special leave
- Free parking on site
And that's not all! You will be welcomed into a supportive and highly collaborative environment. If you think you've got the skills to take on this rewarding and challenging role, Apply today!
For full details and to apply, please visit http://jobs.applyfir..obs/102500