Events Marketing Manager full-time
Join the Vision Critical team
A colossal revolution is happening in the way organizations engage with their customers which is pushing market research to become more captivating and Vision Critical is leading the charge. Our team, headed by industry icon Angus Reid, leads the world in interactive research and provides technology and expertise to help companies recruit, engage and learn more about their own customers. Our software allows our Fortune 500 clients to do internet based market research using interactive surveys, photos, videos, audio and 3D simulations. We work with one third of the world’s top 100 brands; our professionals are spread across the globe in Canada, US, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong; and our VC Community Panels product is the most widely adopted community panel platform on the planet.
We take good care of our people and we get recognized for it. Recently Vision Critical was named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for young people, as well as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50. We’re growing fast, developing cutting-edge technology and research techniques that bring clients the insight they need to get inspired, be innovative and make bankable decisions.
We reward self-starters, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can’t abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals. Join our team!
EVENTS MARKETING MANAGER - VANCOUVER
An event at Vision Critical is never limited to setting up a pop-up booth. A full-scale, integrated event involves many different moving parts to make it a success, and the successful candidate will have extensive experience organizing many events from small client dinners to large-scale booth exhibitions with six-figure budgets. You have developed specific systems and templates to help keep track of the many different tasks and deadlines. Even the best planned events can come with unexpected surprises, and you are an extremely resourceful person who can think outside the box to find workarounds while keeping your cool. You are also comfortable interacting with all levels of staff, including the C-level, and liaising with vendors. You're not afraid of working long hours and seeing the last shipment off but you are also very smart at delegating tasks to make every event flow flawlessly.
- Identify key worldwide events relevant to Vision Critical
- Develop event work plans, timelines, budget, task assignment and logistics
- Work closely with the marketing team to effectively promote events to target audiences
- Develop all pre-event and on-site communications with key stakeholders
- Negotiate with outside providers and subcontractors ensuring the lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Manage end-to-end presence at events
- Analyze and clearly report on ROI and effectiveness of events
- Organize webinars and other online events as required
- Guide and mentor marketing staff in other VC locations in the management of their local events
- 5+ years of full-cycle event management experience, from large to small scale events
- Experience working at a high tech company
- Extremely strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and PowerPoint
- Familiar with webcast clients such as GoToWebinar and WebEx
- Experience working with trade show vendors
- Can-do attitude; nothing is impossible with some creativity and flexibility
- Professional image with maturity, diplomacy, and a positive and responsive attitude; you are the face of Vision Critical to the outside world
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings when necessary
- Occasional travel required