The Events and Business Marketing Coordinator will execute and plan all the marketing related to PressReader’s events and sponsorship activities. She or he will also actively contribute to strategic planning by measuring ROI and recommending changes based on lessons learned. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications.
We should be clear: this is a tough job. It’s perfect for someone who can take charge and own the role. It’s an opportunity for an ambitious junior marketer to move fast, learn a lot, and potentially advance in th1e organization.
If you’re the successful candidate (we hope you are), you’ll work closely with the senior managers responsible for both B2B sales and publisher marketing. Under their direction, you’ll also work with the PressReader Creative Lab to manage the production of relevant sales materials for PressReader’s B2B and publishing teams. That requires developing a strong understanding of the publishing, media, technology, hospitality, library and aviation sectors.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to set strategic goals for events we sponsor or participate in.
- Create a flexible marketing strategy that makes the most out of each event.
- Build our brand using events that create networking opportunities for the sales and leadership teams.
- Work closely with venues and vendors on event logistics, promotional materials, and signage development.
- Plan and execute our own PressReader-hosted events with both substance and style.
- Lead marketing activities before and after events to build the business and its brand.
- Track expenditures and measure our ROI to demonstrate your strategy’s success.
- Coach the leadership team and the marketing team to make sure we’re investing in the right places.
- Sometimes, you’ll handle on-site logistics.
Travel is not anticipated for this role, but there might be some local events you’ll oversee here in Vancouver.
We offer a competitive compensation package (duh), plus benefits after you complete a probation period.
Here’s what we need to see:
- 2-3 years of progressive event marketing experience. You can run the show at business-focused events.
- Attention to detail. You can manage a bunch of projects so that everything is on-time and under budget.
- Passion, motivation, and a lots of energy. We’re looking for someone to bring ideas and run with them.
- Organization. Sometimes, things go wrong. We need someone with back-up plans for their back-up plans.
- A super positive attitude. We need someone who can work with a team and smile – even under pressure.
- Hustle. You move mountains to get things done, instead of turning around when you see a speed bump.
- Professionalism. You are comfortable communicating with senior leadership teams of major companies.
- Organization. We need someone who hits all their deadlines all the time.
- Native English speaking and writing skills. You’ll have to write impeccable, smart, interesting copy.
- A willingness to learn and collaborate. Everyone here takes feedback easily and seriously.
- You read the news on the regular. We like people who want to soak up all kinds of information.
- You have experience working with vendors and building great relationships.
- You are active in, or at least familiar with, the tech community in Vancouver (and other places).
To apply, please submit your CV and blow our minds with an awesome cover letter explaining why you’re right for this role.