HootSuite is looking for a savvy Event Marketing Manager to join HootSuite’s Corporate Communications team. The Events Marketing Manager is responsible for leading HootSuite’s global event sponsorship strategy and ensuring this strategy is aligned with two core business objectives: awareness and credibility of HootSuite Enterprise across sales, customer services and IT departments; deliver sales leads.
The Events Marketing Manager is responsible for working with HootSuite’s Product Marketing and Sales teams for the successful execution of HootSuite’s sponsored events strategy.
- Collaborate with HootSuite’s Product Marketing and other events stakeholders for the identification of appropriate industry- and vertical-specific events
- Work with Product Marketing to develop clear metrics in order to effectively evaluate sponsored events on behalf of HootSuite
- Maintain an events calendar and budget for HootSuite-sponsored events
- Manage the timely implementation, delivery and ongoing enhancement of sponsored events on a worldwide basis
- Establish strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide event leadership and direction to HootSuite project teams and regions
- Deliver flawless execution on sponsorship activations
- Support the development of promotional and collateral materials for event initiatives
- Participate in developing long- term department planning, strategies, budgeting for ongoing campaigns recommend and implement improvements to campaigns
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 6+ years experience in event production, corporate event marketing, event marketing/brand experience at an event marketing agency or client-side event marketing
- Solid experience project-managing successful sponsored event programs (preference for technology events experience)
- Familiarity with events like Ad: Tech, Social Media Week, Sales 2.0; eTail, Gartner Symposium, TechCrunch Disrupt, LinkedIn Finance Connect, AppsWorld US, Le Web and TED, etc.
- Outstanding ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, meets deadlines and thrive in a fast paced environment,
- Exhibit a high degree of organization skills and attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Competencies generally associated with marketing related diploma, degree, MBA or would be considered an asset