Email Marketing Strategist full-time
The Marketing team at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers' global headquarters in Burnaby, BC is growing and is looking to fill the newly created role of Email Marketing Strategist.
What we offer
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance based bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- Group RRSP and Employee share purchase plan both with company match.
- On-going management and leadership development training.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Access to our free onsite gym, which also hosts a variety of fitness programs.
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria.
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere.
- River views, and Fraser River walking trails right across the street.
Our LEED Gold Burnaby facility features an on-site subsidized daycare, a subsidized gourmet cafeteria, a free fitness centre, and free parking.
Reporting to Manager, Digital Marketing, the Email Marketing Strategist is responsible for leading, developing and managing strategic aspects of the company's email marketing program as part of the integrated digital marketing plan. We will look to you to delivering a best in class email marketing program allowing us to build both the email leads and the long term value of the Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers database.
This role is vital to the success of the global email marketing program that produces emails to several million recipients annually. You will oversee strategic conception, program management, through to performance tracking and analysis. Metrics for success will include increasing auction registration, returning customers, and reducing opt outs.
This is a one of kind email marketing program that we need someone to come in, and own. In this role, you'll:
- Lead and/or contribute to digital marketing projects related to core competencies of direct marketing & testing
- Analyze weekly campaign performance, including a/b testing and segmentation. Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting analysis on email campaign performance as well recommendations to improve KPIs. Present periodic results to marketing team and management, sharing conclusions and action plan recommendations
- Ensure use of best practices and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, spam regulation (e.g. CAN/SPAM), and deliverability
- Stay up to date with the latest industry best practices and industry trends, including performance metrics and evolving technology
- Manage mobile SMS & MMS direct marketing campaigns
Here’s what you bring:
- 3-5 years email marketing experience is a required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant experience
- Experience with email marketing software for deployment and analysis is required Experience with Silverpop platform is a plus
- Experience with conversion optimization & testing methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and track email campaigns
- Proven ability to analyze a large volume of data to produce actionable insights
- Strong understanding of B2B email marketing strategies is a nice to have
- Excellent communication skills in English – verbal, and written
- Energetic, positive, can-do attitude!
- Curiosity and innovative nature
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail; ability to proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage up, down and across an organization
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build good and productive business relationships
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job
Ritchie Bros. is committed to employment equity and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. We thank you all for your applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate selection is made by the Recruitment Team in Vancouver, Canada. Please do not call the local auction site about this position. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family-run business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first auction in 1958, selling $2,000 of inventory from their furniture store to pay a bank debt. Spurred by success, the brothers began conducting more auctions, eventually progressing beyond furniture and into industrial equipment. Flash forward 50 years, and Ritchie Bros. is now the world’s largest industrial auctioneer. We’re publicly traded on the TSE and NYSE. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we have over 110 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We offer stable, rewarding careers for people just like Dave, Ken and John -- people who strive to achieve big goals, and who inspire others to do the same.