The Editor, Publishing & Graphic Design Specialist will be based in Hatfield’s North Vancouver office and will support various departments by providing desktop publishing, word processing, graphic design and editorial assistance, as well as other administrative duties related to report production and graphic design, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit, proofread and provide copy-writing support for proposals, technical reports and marketing materials.
- Format and typeset professional documents and prepare them for publication or offset printing.
- Produce polished marketing materials and provide graphic design support to all departments and offices.
- Support the web development team with regular updates to website content.
- Assist with the word-processing and desktop publishing of large, complex reports and proposals including the creation of tables of contents and appendices.
- Assist with clerical duties as required such as photocopying, printing, collating and scanning documents related to document production.
- Compose corporate correspondences, as needed.
- Assist the administration team to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Provide back-up front desk coverage for Receptionist, as needed (requires some flexibility for special situations).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- M.A. in Publishing, Communications, Technical Writing or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years editing and/or publishing experience with specific experience editing technical reports.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced user of Adobe products, including Adobe Professional, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to troubleshoot production and/or printing problems independently, without the help of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humour.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position based in our North Vancouver head office.
- Standard working hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- Full-time positions with Hatfield Consultants include benefits such as extended health & dental coverage, an RRSP matching plan, and annual professional development opportunities.
- This is a salaried position. Wages are based upon experience, but will range between $20 to $25 per hour.