ECOMMERCE WEB CONTENT SPECIALIST
Job Code :3648
Job Type :Full Time
Division :Toys R Us Canada (Recruiters)
Location :CA - ON - SSC - 3500, VAUGHAN ONTARIO CA L4K 4M5
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Skill :Web Development -> Content Maintenance
Job Description :
Reporting to the eCommerce Merchandising and Customer Experience Manager there is a one year contract opportunity in our eCommerce Department. This position is responsible for online product content on our eCommerce site. The key responsibilities include collection and writing of product content and site merchandising, including creating and maintaining browse structures and product relationships. Maintaining strong partnerships with the Canadian, International, TRU.com support divisions and the Vendor community are an integral part of this position.
- Collection of web copy and images for all products included in the toysrus.ca assortment. Ownership of the site catalogue data base including weekly status reporting. Responsible for accurate bilingual (English and French) item level data to include recommended ages, battery requirements, safety warnings, etc.
- Create search engine friendly product content providing a best in class customer experience. Weekly status reporting on customer key search words. Ownership of “hidden keywords” in catalog to account for common misspellings. Based on customer keyword search data, report trends and recommend up and coming items to the merchandising teams.
- Site merchandising by category and brand including the creation and maintenance of browse structures seasonally. Create product relationship strategies based on buying research, promotional activity and seasonal relevance. Weekly status reporting on sales trends as related to merchandising and site search patterns.
- Enter weekly and ad hoc pricing changes.
- Competitive shops of both on line and bricks and mortar retailers looking for trends, key item price comparisons, promotional strategies and merchandising innovation.
Job Requirements :
- Related experience in a retail/marketing based industry preferably e-commerce
- Post secondary education
- Strong analytical skills and MS Office skills (MS Project, Access, Outlook & Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Search Engine Optimization