We are newly entering the eCommerce space and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team committed to health and wellness. If you are looking for an environment where you can help chart the digital path of a premium wellness retailer then we’d like you to be part of our team.
Some things you should know about us is:
- We live the Okanagan lifestyle, we work hard and play hard all year-round
- We strive to do better, not just to do what’s been done before
- We appreciate involving our teams in the decision-making process before moving forward
- We take our jobs seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We’re passionate about wellness, sustainability and food. We talk a lot about food.
The E-Commerce Site Merchandiser will be responsible for the presentation of our products and content on our eCommerce and corporate websites. In addition to driving online sales and conversion you will strive to provide a best in class experience for our customers. As a key member of a growth-oriented team your primary focus will be to develop strategic product and content merchandising standards and processes, and to execute these in support of the company’s business goals.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work closely with marketing and purchasing teams to create landing pages and support promotional and SEO efforts. You’ll work with an inclusive, hands on, collaborative, and cross departmental team that goes above and beyond to support our customers both online and in-store.
Build and maintain an exceptional customer experience on Nature’s Fare web properties
Merchandise products to maximize sales & improve conversion rates:
- Manage eCommerce site & presentation of assortment, product categorization and taxonomy.
- Ensure product findability through optimization of category structure, navigation, sorting rules, and more.
- Oversee merchandising content including site search keywords, product attributes, and visual merchandising.
- Ensure all products get successfully uploaded to the website in a timely fashion.
- Support new feature development and conduct user acceptance testing as needed.
Plan and execute promotions designed to drive sales:
- Execute corporate marketing calendar ensuring synergy with online and offline offering where appropriate. Update home page, landing pages, and product listings as needed.
- Manage online promotion calendar, advertising banners and coupon codes. Maintain schedule of merchandising activity, that can be shared with stakeholders.
- Create campaign landing pages to support online and/or offline programs, A/B test to optimize performance.
- Leverage and manage existing content, adapting to an ecommerce channel including recipes, articles and more. Analyze to determine most effective content vehicles for driving sales.
- Identify new content needs and work with marketing team to source and execute content.
- Work cross-functionally with digital marketing and brand engagement teams to support campaigns, emails, content and other initiatives.
Analytics & Reporting:
- Manage and optimize site search performance, and provide monthly KPI site reporting to leadership team.
- Actively participate in any continuous improvement programs, processes and automations as needed.
- Oversee content management, in partnership with marketing, to ensure strong brand engagement and a seamless experience between corporate and ecommerce sites.
- Ensure content is updated based on overall marketing calendar and co-op commitments are met.
- Monitor effectiveness of brand content in driving ecommerce conversion, and make recommendations were needed.
- Identify content gaps and uncover search opportunities in existing corporate site.
- Complete various individual and team-based projects as requested.
- University or college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in eCommerce merchandizing and/or website content management role
- Strong experience with product uploading and content management systems
- Strong analytic skills using Google analytics and generating custom reports
- Firm understanding of digital marketing.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Multi-unit retail experience is preferred and grocery or wellness product experience is a major plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Takes direction well. A self-starter that can work independently but is also comfortable working with a team
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages and incentive programs
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)