Director, Social Media & Content Development full-time
The Director, Social Media and Content Development must be a highly energetic and enthusiastic team player who can conceptualize and communicate ideas within a multidisciplinary, demanding and rapidly changing environment. Strong marketing, strategic development and leadership skills are necessary in order to develop and implement a comprehensive social media and multi platform marketing program for Tourism Toronto as the lead destination marketing organization representing the cities of Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton.
- Work closely with the SVP/ Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Marketing and Campaign Marketing Director(s) in the development of the overall Marketing Plan for Tourism Toronto and provide expertise to implement an integrated social media program and content development strategies for the Toronto family of websites including SeeTorontoNow.com, FB, mobile applications and related initiatives.
- Responsible for enhancing and directing the development of Tourism Toronto’s network of websites and email database including our international sites.
- Lead strategy and planning for Tourism Toronto’s social media activities.
- Act as a subject matter expert across the organization for interactive and social media for existing and emerging technologies and platforms.
- Develop strategies to grow and activate Tourism Toronto’s social media communities in concert with campaign strategies by other marketing directors.
- Lead and manage the e-CRM initiatives for the organization
- Share in the leadership of the consumer marketing and advertising programs including daily management of marketing agency relationship
- Provide direction to staff to ensure superior execution of all website and application development projects, within prescribed timelines and budget
- Manage web development to enhance and maintain the network of Tourism Toronto websites and to support marketing campaigns and partner websites
- Responsible for growing the organizations e-commerce capabilities including oversight of Tourism Toronto’s Online Booking Engine
- Oversee the creation and management of consumer sales packages for marketing campaigns
- Work in partnership with other directors in the development and implementation of innovative products and services to attract visitors
- Direct, manage and optimize Organic Search marketing activities to ensure successful organic rankings for the consumer website
- Continually develop relationships with key partners of Tourism Toronto
- Oversee rigorous performance reporting and analytics
- College or university level education
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing and communications, including at least 3 years in a managerial role and at least 3 years experience in social media, web development and marketing
- Proven experience in the following: strategic planning, web development, content partnerships, e-commerce, and marketing
- Management expertise in web development, social media, e-marketing, mobile web and research is a must
- Proven leadership and coaching capabilities
- Experience in managing an interactive agency relationship
- Good knowledge of creative development and information architecture
About Tourism Toronto
Tourism Toronto, Toronto's Convention and Visitors Association, is an industry association of more than 1,200 members established to sell and market the greater Toronto region as a remarkable destination for tourists, convention delegates and business travellers around the globe. Tourism Toronto operates in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Tourism and Culture as Regional Tourism Organization 5, representing the cities of Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton. For more information please visit www.seetorontonow.com.