Laura Ballance Media Group is looking for a Director of Social and Marketing Strategies to be a vital part of our growing team and a key link between our company and our clients. We want an exceptional strategist with proven advertising placement and social media chops, but you also have to know PR because it’s the core of what we do.
So, what will I actually be doing?
Working in our fast-paced firm of creative thinkers and innovators, you’ll be in charge of overseeing the smooth coordination of advertising, social media and marketing campaigns - from initial client meetings to strategy development, execution, and, of course, minding the pennies.
This role has plenty of variety and requires some serious multi-tasking, including:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts
- Negotiating exceptional advertising deals for our clients
- Using contacts to generate new business
- Engaging in project management duties
- Delivering presentations
- Attending client meetings
- Maintaining and growing LBMG’s extraordinary relationships with our highly valued and rapidly growing list of clients
The good points...
- We’ve got great people and great clients
- We’re growing at a rapid rate, so there’s lots of potential for career development
- We’ve got a cool office
- We work for an amusement park so we get to ride a roller coaster in the middle of the workday. Enough said.
...and the bad
- If you don’t like roller coasters we will eventually shame you into trying it and then laugh at the video.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
If you’re dynamic, creative, motivated and know how to get the most out of a team, this is the ultimate job for you. It also helps if you have: ?
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Understanding of how to create and tell a great story
- Tight organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of 4 or more years of experience working on coordinated advertising, social media and marketing strategies across all manner of clients including events, private businesses and products
- Digital media buying experience
- Familiarity with the creative development process
- Proven knowledge and track record of success in executing communications, public relations and advertising techniques
- Extensive knowledge of all visual media and visual identity standards
- Ability to articulate a vision and lead a team in the execution of our clients’ advertising and marketing plans with success and measurable results
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe
- Ability to translate business strategy into effective communications tactics
- Demonstrated leadership, team management, interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Exceptional relationships with top sales executives in the regional and national media organizations
- A desire to work, play and laugh with one of the best teams in the city