The Director of Sales & Marketing is accountable for generating budgeted revenue through development and implementation of a marketing strategy, and effective management of the team members in the department. The Director of Sales & Marketing is a strong communicator, keeping all departments and team members informed at all times.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Sales & Marketing develops and implements a marketing plan, creating strategies and direction for the Sales Department and Conference Services.
- Develops and recommends short and long term goals for the department and implements programs and strategies to meet them.
- Prepares, recommends and implements top line and departmental budgets, long-term forecasts and monthly forecasts for the Sales Department.
- Reviews bookings made by Sales team members and provide feedback as to maximize yield.
- Develops, recommends and implements room rate policies and special packages.
- Reviews group histories and accounts to improve sales and administers the Corporate Rate Program.
- Co-ordinates sales activities, monitoring travel plans and sales trips.
- Liaises with community organizations and Municipal and Provincial Ministries and participates in or plans meetings and social events which would be beneficial to the Hotel.
- Actively participates in revenue management.
- Evaluates and monitors market trends, recommending directions for the Hotel to follow.
- Conducts regular team meetings to assess incoming business, operational issues, etc.
- Liaises with Delta Corporate Office and team members in fulfilling the public relations needs of the property, to include press releases, promotional spots or editorial.
- Supervises the team members of the department, recruiting new team members, carrying out timely development reviews, directing the training and development of the team, and carrying out performance management.
- Assists the team members of the department in setting individual goals and objectives.
- Trains, counsels and evaluates the performance of Sales team members, emphasizing the skill of leading clients to design functions that meet Hotel requirements.
- Oversees the production and preparation of sales and statistical reports, and the maintenance of record keeping systems.
- Solicits, develops and negotiates bookings through sales calls, market places, Trade Shows, promotions, lead follow-ups, mail and telephone contacts.
- Liaises with National Sales Offices in a variety of sales matters and participates in co-operative marketing and special programs.
- Completes Pace, and Room Mix reports, and monthly reports illustrating sales and market mix statistics, and takes action based on market conditions as required.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, provides a leadership role in blending the efforts of the Sales Department and Conference Services with hotel objectives.
- Acts as a Delta Hotel ambassador within the local hotel community provides a positive image of Delta Hotels, and promotes/enhances the profile of the hotel by taking an active role in community/professional associations.
- Is flexible for hours and days of work to accommodate our guest’s needs, as required.
- Must have relevant hotel sales experience, minimum 2 years experience in a senior hotel sales role.
- Experience in Revenue Management an asset
- Post-secondary education in sales/marketing or hospitality an asset
- Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to coach and motivate the team in a progressive environment
- Results driven with proven sales ability and demonstrated leadership ability
- Technical skills should include experience in Word, Excel, Windows, hotel sales & catering systems.
- Travel is required therefore valid driver's license is required