Director of Product Marketing full-time
Join the Vision Critical team
A colossal revolution is happening in the way organizations engage with their customers which is pushing market research to become more captivating and Vision Critical is leading the charge. Our team, headed by industry icon Angus Reid, leads the world in interactive research and provides technology and expertise to help companies recruit, engage and learn more about their own customers. Our software allows our Fortune 500 clients to do internet based market research using interactive surveys, photos, videos, audio and 3D simulations. We work with one third of the world’s top 100 brands; our professionals are spread across the globe in Canada, US, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong; and our VC Community Panels product is the most widely adopted community panel platform on the planet.
We take good care of our people and we get recognized for it. Recently Vision Critical was named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for young people, as well as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50. We’re growing fast, developing cutting-edge technology and research techniques that bring clients the insight they need to get inspired, be innovative and make bankable decisions.
We reward self-starters, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can’t abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals. Join our team!
Director of Product Marketing - Vancouver
Vision Critical is looking for top talent in Product Marketing to join our diverse and integrated team of marketers, thought leaders and product experts. This is a tremendous opportunity to help forge the product identity of one of Vancouver’s best-known technology companies.
Are you a B2B tech marketer looking to advance your career? Are you ready to face the challenge of an industry that is maturing as rapidly as it is changing? Do you have the proven ability to get B2B customers to discover, understand and embrace your cutting-edge solutions? If so, then the Director of Product Marketing role could be for you.
- Identify and fill gaps in sales cycle support with new & unique tools for getting and keeping Vision Critical products in front of prospective buyers and influencers
- Develop and sustain on-going product awareness & training for Sales
- Provide sales team with the tools and language to articulate the value proposition of Vision Critical products
- Work closely with the Events Manager to ensure smooth execution of Vision Critical product-related webinars
- Identify and develop content to be used by Field Marketing and PR to generate product-focused awareness and leads – case studies, white papers, blog posts, etc.
- Keep product-level messaging up to date with current features and market-friendly language
- Manage internal distribution for all sales collateral (product intranets)
- Alongside Sales and Product Management, manage Vision Critical’s competitive intelligence efforts, including gathering and internal distribution of key competitive information
- Work collaboratively and productively with people from across the organization, from R&D to product management, from Client Services to Sales, marketing and the channel
- Serve as a point of contact for product feedback from clients and users
- Track industry trends and articulate the Vision Critical approach and relationship with those shifts to internal teams and clients
- Minimum 7 years in a B2B product marketing role with a technology company
- 3 - 5 years of marketing experience with a good mix of marcomms and lead gen activity
- Killer business writing skills: the ability to paint a crystal-clear picture with words and inspire excitement and action
- Dabbled in Sales? Fantastic. If you haven’t, demonstrate how you’ve worked closely with a Sales team in a marketing and/or sales support capacity
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or communications
- MBA an asset
- Experience with a multinational organization a strong asset
- Comfortable presenting via web/teleconference and live to internal and external groups
- Creative, entrepreneurial problem-solving skills
- A knack for gathering effective competitive intelligence
- Comfortable – no, at home – in the social interweb; able to mingle online with the right people (customers, partners, thought leaders, prospects) and help deliver Vision Critical’s product messaging to those who need to know it