Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2016, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017!
The Director of PR & Media leads the strategy, development and execution of external communications, public and media relations, and awards initiatives to create, promote and protect a favorable corporate image. In addition, the Director of PR & Media co-manages crisis communications efforts with the Chief Marketing Officer to monitor, assess and execute communications in a timely manner.
- Develop, execute, manage and evaluate strategic external communications, public and media relations and awards initiatives to support overall business objectives
- Support the Company’s product roadmaps to ensure the appropriate external communications plans, programs and media coverage are delivered
- Partner with the go-to-market leaders to amplify Ceridian’s brand and its related products
- Manage highly sensitive, confidential communications initiatives, supporting and executing appropriate communication strategies and vehicles
- 24/7 availability for crisis and corporate reputation management, working with the Chief Marketing Officer and designated executive team for each scenario, to monitor, assess and execute communications in a timely manner
- Manage agency relationships and work collaboratively with marketing, product management and HR to obtain positive media coverage, contributed and byline articles across the business
- Build positive relationships with the industry and mainstream tech/business media
- Manage the news releases, media pitches, articles, media briefs and awards submissions and other related media materials for the company and its products
- Monitor and review Ceridian and its competitors’ monthly media coverage and award wins to ensure the appropriate direction and plans are implemented
- Company spokesperson and media lead
- Partner with HR to manage employee engagement and workplace award initiatives to promote the company as a best place to work.
- Oversees the planning, development and delivery of LifeWorks customer and end-user communications in Canada
- Manage issues-related customer communications in Canada
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of communications initiatives establishing goals and targets to support business objectives
- Assist the CMO in projects as directed
- Manage the external communications budget
- Partner with leadership to create a positive workplace culture
- Develop, nurture and inspire a highly engaged team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business Communications or equivalent relevant experience
- 10+ years experience working in a B2B enterprise software marketing communications environment or related area
- Extensive senior-level experience driving traditional and social media campaigns and initiatives across a large matrix organization in the U.S. and Canada
- Proven experience delivering highly successful PR/Media strategies, campaigns and initiatives to significantly amplify the brand
- Experience devising and managing integrated communications campaigns that include earned, owned and paid media components
- Experience managing crisis and corporate reputation communications issues
- Demonstrated management experience along with experience managing agencies
- Demonstrated performance management skills
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, decision making, and persuasion skills
- Excellent written, verbal , communication, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects at one time and meet or exceed deadlines
- Strong industry and product domain knowledge
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action-oriented plans and developing/implementing new processes
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ceridian is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise the Ceridian Recruiter of how we might be able to support your participation.