Director of Marketing
(one year Maternity Leave replacement starting June, 2017)
Knowledge Network Corporation is British Columbia’s viewer-supported public broadcaster. Knowledge Network offers commercial-free documentaries, arts, culture, and children’s programs from around the world.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Marketing leader to develop a marketing strategy that builds audiences, subscribers and donors for Knowledge Network. You will promote our trusted, quality programming and services on multiple platforms – television, web, mobile and print – as well as on social media.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Knowledge Management Team to develop and execute an integrated marketing plan that supports the goals of our strategic and business plans
- Collaborate with other departments (Communications, Brand, Programming, Web Channels and Fundraising) to develop and execute creative campaigns that promote our brands with measured results
- Capitalize on the targeting marketing capabilities available on our redesigned website
- Provide leadership to direct reports (Marketing Associate, Arts & Information Editor and Marketing co-op student)
- Utilize website analytics and broadcast ratings to monitor and evaluate marketing activities; measure return on investment
- Develop and manage budgets for the Marketing department
- Provide end to end project management of all marketing initiatives
- A degree or diploma in marketing and 8+ years of experience in cross-platform marketing, demonstrating exceptional skill in brand management and campaign development
- Solid understanding of broadcast, online and social media spaces, and analytics tools
- Proven results in effectively executing consumer-focused marketing campaigns
- Excellent organizational skills and proven success in managing and inspiring a team
- Experience in successfully developing internal and external relationships