Are you crackers over kale, do you get giddy about quinoa? Does eating local and sustainable food make your heart soar? Are you fantastic at what you do and want to join a growing team of smart, fun, motivated and wonderful people? Of course you do!
SPUD.ca is looking for a full time Director of Marketing. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing is the lead role in growing the brand and unifying it throughout Canada. This role will instill effective online and offline marketing, leading to faster growth and support of overall marketing accounts and adopt industry leading best practices for both online and offline marketing.
The Director of Marketing is a high-impact role with the potential to grow the SPUD brand and revenues by being responsible for developing and implementing customer acquisition and communication strategies, utilizing all the relevant channels and touch points, marketing tools including the website, traditional media, content marketing and ongoing email communication, social media, blogging, PPC and all other online communication channels.
This role will also expand the company’s customer base by strategizing, restructuring and building the marketing team with focused KPIs and individual as well as team targets/goals.
You’re a problem solver. You simplify problems and reveal new opportunities to overcome barriers and challenge previous definitions of success.
You’re an action-taker. You combine analytics, insights and creativity to reveal opportunities, develop solutions and take action to continuously improve our business.
You’re a communicator and leader. You enjoy networking, collaboration and developing relationships to reveal insights, generate ideas, unearth opportunities and achieve win-win outcomes.
You’re a foodie. You believe in eating sustainable, local and organic food. You believe that organic and healthy eating isn’t a trend but a way of life.
We are growing and you will be an integral part of it!
What you’ll do:
- Execute tactical plans, communicate and execute marketing campaigns, including project pre-work, manage timelines and vendors, approvals, budgets and copy
- Establish program tracking and evaluate programs and projects across multiple criteria including relevant response rates, online engagement, cost/revenue analysis, and overall results based on forecasted metrics
- Build and adhere to the marketing communications calendar setting programs and strategies for each channel of customers to develop stronger relationships with existing customers and win-back past customers
- Ensure all team members are working from the marketing calendar keeping on pace and on time with each campaign
- Develop and execute new programs that enhance the overall SPUD customer experience that meet specific marketing objectives
- Ensure all online messaging is on brand in look, feel and tone for all internal and external communications to our customers and leads
- Stay on top of all online marketing trends and trends in the food industry, bringing new ideas and programs to the team
- Project and plan to adopt other sources of profitable customer acquisition by developing affiliate networks, search syndication and expand email and CRM
- Manage a team of marketers, provide them with leadership, expertise and mentorship in building 90-day calendars and set goals for achievement and success
- Build effective cross functional relationships across marketing, sales, IT, customer care, operations and purchasing teams
- Formulate strategic recommendations, creative briefs, performance metrics and other related marketing requirements to help in the success and growth of the company
- Develop strategies for social media and content marketing - build calendars to monitor and execute social contests, blog content, with the intent of engaging our current audience and increasing reach and followers
- Develop and implement a strategy to expand the company’s online network of partner organizations
- Analyze feedback on company growth and work closely with the CEO to strategize how to raise efforts to the next level
- Represent SPUD.CA professionally at community events
- Other duties as required by supervisor(s)
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communication preferred
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience; experience in an online company preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in building and managing budgets
- Understand how to effectively utilize and drive the development of marketing strategy and execution to build demand
- Clear understanding of the lead generation process, marketing-to-sales lead qualification and lead nurturing programs
- Experience in developing marketing programs to engage existing customers
- Understand how to build and create PPC and retarget campaigns using A/B testing to increase conversions and leads
- Experience in creating and A/B testing email campaigns, measure and track success of each campaign, while looking for areas of improvement for each campaign and the overall experience for the SPUD customer
- Knowledge of outside market and competitive best practices
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task. Results- and deadline-driven
What you must have:
- Must have at least four (4) years experience in direct response marketing, which would include customer targeting, offer management, test methodology, reporting and direct response strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated writing skills with the ability to persuade through writing
- Strong understanding of Grocery Retail Business
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, build and execute marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience in project management and working with a project management platform
- Expert in email marketing best practices A/B testing, interpreting results and nurture programs
Who we are:
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners. We strive to provide meaningful work, competitive compensation, and other opportunities for our employees to share in the success of the company.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.