Director of Marketing full-time
Are you a B2B technology / software marketing rock star? Are you passionate about using the latest tools in online marketing and social media. Do you want to contribute to a dynamic and growing organization that is a market leader on the world stage in the fast growing space of Big Data?
Perched on the south slope above Vancouver’s False Creek, Simba Technologies is the technology leader in data access and analytics software. We provide “the glue” between front-end business intelligence applications and back-end data servers, ensuring that products from one software vendor work with products from other software vendors according to established data standards. Our specialty and expertise in data connectivity is highly regarded in industry and sought by top business intelligence and data companies, as well as leading enterprises worldwide. Companies like Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and Teradata embed our products within theirs. Customers like GM OnStar, Starbucks and Wells Fargo also purchase our software to access and analyze their data to gain a competitive edge. Literally, millions of people use our software every day.
Simba has an immediate, exciting opportunity for a Marketing Director to join our growing team. Reporting to Simba’s VP Sales and Marketing, this role will lead Simba’s strategic and tactical marketing efforts to position, evangelize and deliver business to fuel our growth.
We’re looking for a focused, hands-on, senior-level marketing star with a strong technical aptitude and an amazingly quick ability to learn. Experience in enterprise software/business intelligence/analytics/data warehousing would be ideal.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, implement and deliver high-quality, measureable digtal/web/online marketing programs that drive business growth;
- Proactively identify and develop marketing opportunities to increase visibility and generate leads;
- Work with senior management and product stakeholders to position Simba and its products;
- Engage with partners and customers for marketing support initiatives;
- Develop, maintain and execute Simba’s marketing plan;
- Ensure proper and timely measurement upon program execution;
- Develop communications materials, including collateral, websites, case studies, presentations and news releases;
- Develop public relations programs and drive customer reference stories to increase visibility, enhance credibility and generate leads.
- A minimum of seven years B2B marketing experience working for a technology company;
- A minimum of three years senior experience managing and mentoring marketing staff;
- Academic credentials in marketing or business;
- An excellent command of English and excellent writing skills;
- A proven ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits and compelling content;
- Demonstrated success with lead generation strategy, execution, tracking and conversion;
- Experience generating content for multiple mediums, including product collateral, whitepapers, news releases, website, newsletters, etc.;
- Competency in SMO and SEO best practices, as well as PPC advertising;
- Competency in Social Media such as Twitter, Linkedin ,or other;
- Competency in graphic and web design;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe CS;
- Strong professional attributes, such as creativity with excellent problem solving skills, flexibility and adaptability with a desire to make a difference, proactivity, prioritization and excellent time management, resourcefulness, a passion for continuous learning, and a tactful and collaborative management style with a reputation for rolling up one’s sleeves and getting the job done.
This role may also include:
- Occasional travel to tradeshows, presentations and customer sites
- Engage and management of outside contractor/agency services