Who We Are:
Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a leading manufacturer of Corrugated Boxes, Labels, Protective Packaging, Folding Cartons, and Shipping Supplies. We make almost anything a company will need to package, ship out, and display their products.
We have also been recognized as a Platinum member of Deloitte’s list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and are a previous winners of Canada’s Best Corporate Culture. Our employees have voted us #1 “Best Company to Work for In BC” and we placed in the Top 10 in Financial Post’s Top Companies to work for in 2010. We continue to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2005. When we have a great year, we’ve taken all staff to México or Las Vegas. Without a doubt, we are a great place to work.
Our Team is hiring to fill an immediate need. We are looking for a dynamic and self- motivated individual to fill the role of Director of Marketing.
Come join our winning team of individuals; we’re passionate, energetic and committed to provide excellence in packaging solutions.
About this Role:
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for driving revenue, innovation and providing strategic vision by leading GLBC’s product, pricing, and distribution marketing strategies.
Reporting to the President, this position is responsible for overseeing the Marketing Department and ensuring the company consistently delivers sales growth in defined strategic markets.
- Define, create, and execute a formal Marketing Strategy by researching industry trends identifying opportunities for new products, market segments, and geographic locations.
- Plan and execute results oriented marketing campaigns. Develop measurable objectives and metrics to monitor and communicate progress and success of the campaigns.
- Spend time in the field with our customers and GLBC’s Packaging Specialists to receive feedback in terms of service delivery, product offerings and industry trends from the customer’s perspective.
- Work closely with our Sales Managers to ensure strategic markets are clearly defined within each product division and a corresponding marketing and supporting sales strategy is in place.
- Work with Sales Management to deliver a fun and fresh Customer Relations program.
- Attend industry and market segment trade shows to ensure we continue to lead our market in product offerings.
- Accountable for managing and developing the company’s relationship with a third party social media marketing firm to ensure our online marketing programs are in place and effectively promoting our company and products.
- Manage GLBC’s advertising and promotions budget to effectively deliver the company’s message to desired markets.
- Work with the President to identify potential acquisitions and strategic business opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in strategic planning and development of marketing plans
- Creative thinker, with experience taking an idea into action and delivering results
- Advanced knowledge of marketing concepts, processes and functions
- Knowledge of structuring sales goals and revenue expectations
- Ability to make decisions and provide leadership in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to monitor and control a budget
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with social media
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills, including managing competing priorities
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience
- Related post-secondary degree
- Knowledge of packaging industry an asset
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We offer employee based recognition and reward programs including profit sharing, continuous improvement incentives, and companywide performance goals. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. If you are someone who values customers and a truly Great place to work –apply below.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.