The Organization: Credit Counselling Society
Established in 1996, the Credit Counselling Society (CSS) is Canada’s largest not-for-profit credit counselling agency, having grown from one branch to a total of 22 community offices throughout Western Canada and Ontario. The CCS was founded as a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals and families find solutions to their debt and financial management problems, and provides consumers with confidential and free credit counselling services, credit education, budgeting assistance, information and referral services, and debt management and payment consolidation programs.
To learn more, please visit the Credit Counselling Society’s website.
The Opportunity: Director of Marketing
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Marketing is responsible for leading and managing the marketing department and executing the approved strategic marketing plan, on time and on budget. The Director is also accountable for building the Credit Counselling Society brand across Canada, expanding the awareness of services and programs offered and increasing market share in line with the long-term strategic plan. As part of the Society’s senior leadership team, the Director will play a key role in the review and discussion of the overall strategy for the organization, ranging from human resources to budgets.
The Director of Marketing will be well-versed in digital and social media, and have a creative flair for attracting consumers to CCS messaging and images. Able to make complex and intelligent advertising decisions aimed at driving growth and creating increased demand for services, while broadening the Society’s consumer base, the Director will develop and implement a new marketing strategy and oversee all aspects of CCS advertising, awareness, and social media, working in unison with staff and peers in order to create synergy and enhance the demand for services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or an equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of five years of marketing and communications experience, with a minimum of three years in a management role;
- Project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage priorities timely and effectively;
- Well-versed in concepts related to social and digital media, search engine optimization, web analytics, and pay per click advertising is preferable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications