Saddle up with Canada’s #1 selling Organic Fairtrade Certified coffee brand!
You’re a bit of a “Smart Ass”, and when it comes to what’s hot and what’s not, you know what’s up. As a natural pack leader, you charge bravely into uncharted territory. Followers eat your dust. Your mission, should you choose to accept: Make sure North America knows just how Kick Ass our coffee is!
A new position at Kicking Horse Coffee, the Director of Marketing will work closely with our CEO, our Sales Team and our Operations Teams to bring a newly created brand marketing strategy to life. This Maven of Marketing will ensure the brand image and message are consistent with corporate directives across programs, including media, account marketing, sponsorship promotions, public relations and social media. Join a dynamic team, in an everchanging business that already enjoys a fiercly loyal customer base and high level of brand awareness. As Kicking Horse Coffee continues to grow, the Director of Marketing will drive the implementation of our marketing strategy to help take this exciting business to the next level of Kick Ass-ness. Giddy-up!
- Contribute to Kicking Horse Coffee’s overall business growth (Net Sales and Dollar Share) by developing and delivering marketing/promotional projects on-time and on-budget
- Collaborate with our teams to develop a promotions calendar with consumer-validated ideas
- Work creatively and strategically with the hottest emerging media and social networks and leverage them accordingly
- Actively strengthen key relationships with promotion cross functional partners
- Manage trade marketing, packaging creative, public relations, creative agencies and media planning; execute new product launches and advertising campaigns
- Develop key account presentations for new product launches, annual merchandising and promotional plans, consumer sales and trend data and new strategic initiatives
- Using syndicated share data and POS data, generate ROI conclusions about promotion effectiveness, shifts in consumer behavior, long term market trends and marketing initiatives
- Identify future promotion opportunities through the understanding and alignment of consumer, brand, category and technical insights and present business opportunities to the senior management team as required
- Develop and manage marketing ASS-ets including tradeshow and roadshow booths, demo kits etc.
- Along with CFO, develop and be accountable for annual marketing budget and monthly P&L
- Thorough knowledge of Marketing and Sales principles, marketing trends, best practices and consumer buying behaviour; a broad business experience and acumen to understand and appreciate the role that each functional area (Operations, Logistics, Sales, Finance) plays in achieving objectives
- Demonstrated experience “owning” brand management and developing, communicating and executing integrated, multi-channel marketing and promotions plans and campaigns for a cheeky, sophisticated, forward thinking and award-winning brand
- Proven ability to collaborate with ad agencies, contractors/consultants, vendors, customers and promotional partners to meet goals and deadlines
- Strong track record with brand positioning, new product development, consumer support campaigns, promotional program development and product launches
- Mastery of current social media platforms with a finger on the pulse of emerging media and social networks
- Experience with Nielsen reporting and analyzing current business and competitive trends; ability to recognize and act upon Brand and Customer strategies and to evaluate performance based on strategic goals
- Experience at a Consumer Packaged Goods company would be considered an ASS-et
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Superior strategic savvy
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, agile and able to drive change in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of Integrity combined with strong leadership abilities that support Kicking Horse Coffee’s core values
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, including a strong working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- An undergraduate degree, ideally in business
- Genuine, professional and fun disposition, with a positive, “glass half full” outlook on life
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; high standards for quality; excellent time management skills
- Desire to work hard and contribute in a team based environment
- Passion for active and healthy lifestyle