Are you a seasoned communications leader who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
If so, this role may be for you...
Manulife's Group Benefits and Retirement Solutions (GBRS) business unit is seeking an energetic, creative leader to join its team as Director of Communications.
Reporting into the Assistant Vice-President , Marketing & Communications, the Director of Communications will lead a team of communication professionals and will manage the development and execution of communication strategies for some the business unit’s most important initiatives.
As a leader, this individual will have a passion for leading, coaching, and mentoring team members to help the team grow and develop.
Leveraging substantial business acumen and disciplined thinking, this individual has expert hands-on skill in communicating to multiple audiences and will oversee activities ranging from internal communications and executive support through to product launches and pitches to win business. The ability to write for multiple media from traditional print, to digital and social channels is key.
The incumbent will be an engaging and compelling communicator, calm under pressure, as well as able to quickly analyze complex issues and opportunities to create and execute communications solutions appropriate for Manulife GBRS.
- Lead a team with very diverse responsibilities. Mandates span the development of communications for key business initiatives including product development, new business support, client news and campaigns, issues and reputation management, plus employee communications and executive support.
- Support and interact with media and government relations teams.
- Project manage multiple tasks to deliver on-time, on-budget in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and budget-conscious environment
- Manage, plan, and organize incoming work and alignment of resources.
- Coach, develop, and mentor the team
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or public relations
- 7+ years previous experience in communications with strong planning, writing and editing skills
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Communications experience within the financial services industry
- Sound project management skills
- Knowledge of the group benefit and group retirement industry - its products, services and competitors
- High proficiency skills in Microsoft Office products
- Bilingualism (French) an asset
- Superb leader
- Expert writing and editing skills in multiple media
- Superior skills in communication strategy and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal stakeholders at all levels including senior management
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and creatively and make sound business decisions
- Experience in managing projects, setting priorities, monitoring projects and initiatives, ensuring follow-through
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality results under pressure
- Self-directed, especially as relates to projects
- Very strong collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable in both challenging technical and interpersonal environments
- Self-motivated, flexible and at ease working in unstructured work settings
- Strong attention to detail
Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. We operate as John Hancock in the U.S. and as Manulife in other parts of the world. We provide strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for our customers’ significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Assets under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$821 billion (US$648 billion) as at March 31, 2015.
Expiry Date: Jul 6, 2015, 10:59:00 PM