Terramera, Inc., is a Vancouver-based biotechnology company developing sustainable pest control solutions as alternatives to traditional chemical pesticides. We are committed to providing safe and innovative products trusted to protect every person and family from the fear and threat of pests.
Terramera is seeking a Director of Commercial Marketing to lead the development of our marketing strategy and program implementation in our Commercial sales channel. We are seeking a confident and technically skilled leader with a full knowledge of marketing approaches, tools and techniques. We will expect this individual to assume a major role in the development of our organization, and on our leadership team. We require a leader who can simultaneously be strategic and hands on, and who will lead by example.
- Building the Cirkil brand into the pre-eminent, most efficacious, and trusted brand in the bed bug market.
- Developing and implementing the key aspects of our marketing strategy for the Commercial channel:
o Identifying target markets and buying needs
o Crafting Terramera’s unique selling proposition
o Designing/re-designing all aspects of our “Four P’s”
o Developing market messaging and marketing communications plan
o Building out elements of plan as required
- Working closely with our sales team to deliver effective marketing support, collateral, training and product messaging, to ensure success in the Commercial Channel
- Developing and implementing communications and promotional activities including print and digital advertising, social media, public relations and industry events.
- Cultivating trusting relationships with key players and influencers in the industry, ensuring that Terramera’s Cirkil product is top-of-mind as the best in class product with thought leaders.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and CHARACTERISTICS
- Must have at least 8 years prior experience as a product manager or in marketing in analogous situations/markets
o new product development, B2B marketing and knowledge of lead generation and sales pipeline management would be an asset
- Must be well schooled in all aspects of marketing, including customer research, understanding buying criteria, USP development, product, packaging, promotion, communications strategies and sales support
- MBA or advanced marketing degree a plus
- Must be able to collaborate and work independently, multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to create structure and direction, and to marshal a team in pursuit of clear goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding business and marketing strategies