VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Director of Audience Development
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
OVERVIEW: The Director of Audience Development works across a set of VICE Canada’s brands to develop and execute strategies that grow the size of VICE’s multi-platform audience. This role is a key partner to the leadership of each brand, working across content strategy, insights, and social media to maximize the scale and loyalty of our audiences on both existing and emerging platforms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops & executes strategies to increase reach, engagement, and loyalty across all platforms, including web, social, app, newsletter, video, and more.
- Leads a team of direct reports to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual growth goals.
- Maintains effective cross-departmental workflow among various departments such as Editorial, Production, Communications, and Sales, to fulfill goals in a collaborative fashion.
- Works directly with editorial leadership to inform and refine editorial strategy, based on performance, social, and other insights.
- Responsible for the hiring, mentoring, and management of a team of social editors, each of whom are responsible for day-to-day execution of social publishing across all platforms.
- Manages departmental budgets.
- Regularly measures and reports performance of all campaigns and assesses against goals. Makes adjustments in execution as necessary.
- Identifies industry trends and insights that help refine our strategy to grow our audience. Conducts competitive analyses and market research as needed.
- Works closely with Analytics team to build out complex audience profiles and identify areas of growth, sharing regularly with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for constantly learning about, identifying, and sharing new opportunities and strategies for growth across the Network.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with a background in digital media.
- Bachelor’s degree in media or related field.
- Prior experience successfully managing teams and leading others in the development and execution of creative projects
- Advanced knowledge of audience reach and engagement methods and technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced level experience using and acting on data collected from key analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, Chartbeat, Supermetrics, Tableau, and others
- Expert user of Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and most major and emerging social media platforms
- An insatiable desire to continue learning about audience development, growth strategy, analytics, data, and more
- A strong ability to translate performance & engagement data into common sense, relatable, and actionable insights
- Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment
- Basic understanding of HTML and experience with content management systems a plus
- Experience with the distribution of digital video a major plus
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.