Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full-service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an opening for a key member of our growing advertising and promotions team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival; Disney On Ice; Dominion Lending Centers among others.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director of Advertising and Promotions will be responsible for the development of strategic advertising and promotion campaigns for LBMG’s wide range of corporate, government, not-for-profit and event clients. Additionally, this position is responsible for contributing to LBMG’s organizational strategic planning process.
- Develop and implement integrated strategic advertising and marketing campaigns that allow LBMG clients to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences that support the business objectives of clients.
- End-to-end campaign execution including strategy development, planning of advertising campaigns, presenting to client, negotiating and conducting media buys, on-site activations, invoice reconciliation and producing wrap reports, (approx. portfolio holds 20-30 accounts- big and small).
- Manages and executes all promotional components of every campaign within the agency.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the advertising department including, planning and staff development.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization and clients and work with leadership team and staff to develop solutions.
- Collaborate with PR team to provide an integrated experience to client projects that leverages ad buys for effective earned media.
- Recruit, manage and mentor the LBMG advertising and promotions team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Min. of 5 years in direct media advertising required.
- Strong promotional planning, project management, research and technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of media landscape and its continual evolution (mainstream, digital and ethnic).
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong English verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to converse and interact with clients and media partners and speak with authority on strategic campaigns.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to be pro-active, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines while faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of different sources
- Strong attention to detail and task oriented.
- Ability to work with designers and producers on creative execution a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Degree in Media, Advertising, Marketing Communications or equivalent experience required.