Union/Affiliation:Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range:$82,458 To $98,466 Annually
# of openings:1
From issues management and branding to executive platform strategy and international marketing, SFU is reshaping its communications and marketing approach to enhance its profile and brand, establish best-in class communications and present a unified force to advance its mission. We are looking for a strategically-minded media relations and public relations professional to join our fun and engaging Communications & Marketing team Reporting to the Senior Director, Media Relations & Public Affair, you are a senior media relations specialist at the University and responsible for providing strategic media and issues management counsel, direction and planning and will work with leaders, faculty and staff across the institution.
You support SFU’s earned and owned media strategy with a focus on issues management, content development and promotion of University information, news and accomplishments in support of institutional priorities.
As the ideal candidate, you bring strategic level experience in issues management, crisis communications and media relations in a diverse, complex private or public sector organization. You have a strong service orientation and enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a group of highly charged and motivated professionals.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications and seven years of related experience which includes experience leading large teams and managing complex projects, or an equivalent level of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in client service management and trusted advisor principles.
- In depth understanding of marketing, branding, and communication theory and practice.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Excellent collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, exercising mature judgment and a high level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to establish, evaluate, and execute short and long range goals.
- Ability to work on a variety of initiatives, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of current communication applications, systems, and tools.