The Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing Indochino’s brand identity, managing the team responsible for customer acquisition and retention, and leading the implementation of those strategies.
The current focus of Indochino’s acquisition efforts is online, so strong digital insight and experience is required; we believe there is opportunity in expanding our marketing efforts to the offline medium as well, so understanding of offline media and in particular how online and offline can be combined in to achieve an accretive outcome is also required.
- Understanding the Indochino target customer, and developing brand identity and brand guidelines to appropriately and effectively present our brand and product to him via our ecommerce, retail, marketing, and PR touch points.
- Ensuring alignment with brand guidelines across the organization – providing all areas of the organization education about our customer, who he is, what he likes, what he needs, and how we speak to him
- Development and implementation of the company’s online and offline (holistic) customer acquisition strategy, meeting acquisition, sales, and cost per acquisition targets. Develop customer segmentation approach and define segments for appropriate segmentation messaging
- Evaluation and optimization of existing core marketing efforts (PPC, Display, Email). Sourcing, evaluating, prioritizing, testing, implementing and optimizing innovative methods for reaching and converting new customers, meeting customer acquisition (volume and COA) targets, to support business goals and objectives
- Development and implementation of the company’s customer lifecycle and retention strategy, meeting return customer purchasing (percentage and spend) targets to support business goals and objectives
- Ownership of website merchandising, including promotion planning, execution, and analysis
- Working closely with the Director, Retail Operations to ensure success – sales and customer acquisition targets are met – and on-brand customer experience of our pop-up store events
- Accountable for company marketing budget and evaluation, and hitting COA targets
- Manage multiple outside vendors – evaluation, negotiation
- Training and development of the company’s marketing team
- 8-10 years relevant experience as a marketing leader ideally from an online / ecommerce environment with a minimum of 5 years leadership experience in online/ecommerce or retail
- Strong understanding of brand and direct marketing
- Bachelors Degree is required and an advanced degree such as an MBA is preferred/an asset
- Strong business acumen skills specifically a strong ability to analyze and leverage data to drive customer insights and strategic planning
- Ability to prioritize
- Proven ability to manage budget to revenue and spend targets; ability to manage a variety of efforts with a scrappy approach to doing more with less; strong solutions-orientation
- Energy & passion to support a 24-hour organization across multiple geographies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & analytical skills required along with the ability to work under pressure & deal with all levels of the organization
- Highly collaborative approach to working with colleagues; leader with integrity
- Demonstrated ability to build strong interpersonal alliances at all levels both internally & externally building solid relationships characterized by mutual respect, openness, & trust. Proven ability to manage effective teams and develop leaders
- Travel to Shanghai may be required