River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is looking for a strong leader in the role of Director, Marketing. This candidate must be highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, passionate, energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for leading, managing and executing all casino and hospitality marketing-related programs. The candidate shall have strong business acumen, analytical skills, and insight to capture market share and take River Rock Casino Resort’s business to new heights. This position will report to and work closely with the General Manager, Casino Operations and Director, Regional Marketing. The Director, Marketing shall build a strong relationship with both internal and external stakeholders. You will motivate, lead by example and your effective communication style will guide and mentor your team to ultimate success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key accountabilities:
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to the complete marketing team
- Develops Performance Objectives and delivers Performance Evaluations for direct reports
- Directs the planning and implementing of site marketing programs for Casino and Hospitality, including all details throughout a promotion, campaign or special event
- Executes and directs annual site marketing plan and budgets
- Participates in planning and budget reviews to provide perspective on the analytics to the Slots and Table Games business
- Utilizes analytics to provide actionable plans and insight into the overall business and player segments at River Rock Casino Resort
- Assists and directs research driven initiatives to effectively inform marketing efforts, including competitive analysis and consumer insights
- Works with the Marketing team to create, implement and track direct marketing programs (mail, email, phone and online)
- Directs media plans for the property as directed
- Develops and enhances brand strategy platforms and integrated marketing campaigns; creating, developing, transformation and introduction of all brand initiatives
- Directs and oversees content within site digital efforts to include floor promotions, hospitality, entertainment and theatre communications
- Monitors and updates the site marketing/ budget; reporting variances
- Executes property-level event programming and online promotion plans, including all associated collateral
- Directs the creation of segmentation, targeting schemes, A/B Test for Direct Marketing
- Works with the Director, Regional Marketing to assist with the project management of Marketing initiatives across GCGC properties
- Develops strategies to leverage and maximize loyalty program(s), including Encore Rewards
- A solid track record in establishing, maintaining and developing excellent partnership relationships
- Conducts ROI analysis for property-specific advertising, promotional and online marketing initiatives - with the assistance of corporate marketing analytics team
- Liaises with regulatory bodies
- Liaises with operations to report on site marketing results (e.g., event revenue, guest and employee feedback, etc.)
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, management, employees, vendors and community leaders
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 5-7 years of marketing managerial experience with at least 2 years of gaming or hospitality experience preferred
- Post-secondary degree in marketing , tourism, hospitality, public relations, advertising or business management required
- Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills with track record of promoting a positive, productive and engaged work culture
- Experience with customer/consumer centric organizations; at least one of following preferred: hospitality (gaming, hotels, F&B, entertainment, resorts), retail, packaged goods
- Marketing experience in hotel or food & beverage industry is a major asset
- Strong knowledge of the Richmond market and Tourism industry an asset
- “Thirst for knowledge” - solicits input to improve/enhance strategy and development; strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, work ethic, and priority management skills
- Proven track record influencing peers, management and employees
- Excellent computer literacy including MS office with strong competency in Excel and PowerPoint (specifically in budgeting and ROI analysis)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to successfully obtain a Serving It Right certificate
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (if required)
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational needs.