The Director, Marketing and Communications plays a key role in promoting Lifelong Learning initiatives among its internal and external stakeholders, as well as the varied and complex communities served. The Director provides professional strategic and organizational leadership to the marketing activities of the department, and enhances the profile of Lifelong Learning locally, nationally, and internationally. As a senior advisor, works closely with the Dean and liaises with program staff, and University Communications in the development, execution and management of integrated strategic marketing plans and brand communications for multiple credit, non-credit, and contract services programs. The Director attends and provides expert advice and direction at various Lifelong Learning committees, and provide recommendations on the marketing of student recruitment, guest speakers, and special events.
- Master's degree in marketing, communications or business administration and seven years of related experience in areas such as marketing management, brand management and communications, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic and tactical aspects of branding, marketing, communication and public relations.
- Excellent knowledge of search engine advertising platforms (i.e. Google search and display network) and social media advertising (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram).
- Excellent knowledge of current web design standards, trends and user experience best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in email marketing, video production and social media.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics or similar web analytics programs.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including leading projects and completing deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly effective marketing and communications initiatives.
- Ability to supervise and manage multidisciplinary staff.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and to work on a number of different initiatives concurrently.
- Budget planning and financial management skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.