Director of Internal Communications
lululemon is seeking an Internal Communications Director with a passion for growing, innovative, purpose-led brands to join the global corporate communications team. This leader will be responsible for developing, organizing and executing people and change communication programs to inform and unite all of our internal audiences both at the Store Support Centre (SSC) and across retail globally.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, experienced communications professional with in-depth experience working within high-growth brands to create meaningful impact on employee experience and culture through periods of growth. With sound judgment and impeccable writing skills, this role is a key connector of cross-functional partners and can easily take abstract and complicated issues and turn them into simple and powerful narratives. This position offers an incredible opportunity to create highly impactful internal communications for the world’s leading brands for an active, mindful lifestyle.
a day in the life of Internal Communications Director
- You are responsible for creating company-wide employee communications strategies to inform and unite our teams across our collective around the globe
- You will lead the planning and execution of these strategies across multiple channels and formats, working in close-collaboration and thought-partnership with internal stakeholders across the organization
- You will work closely with Corporate Communications and social to ensure all messaging is intrinsically aligned and appropriate for all audiences, internally and externally
- You will provide strategic communications and change management communications; sharing in-depth knowledge of different approaches, formats and tools to inform and engage all of our employee audiences
- You are adept at calmly and effectively managing complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications within tight timescales;
- You will co-partner with the Director Internal Engagement + Experience to create a seamless global strategy aligned with the business, brand and culture needs
- You will manage the team leading the company-wide intranet as it transforms to play an integral role in how our store and SSC employees engage + communicate with each other
- You will manage and support issues and crisis communications internally, as needed.
the finer print
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of communications experience, in-depth experience in internal and change communications focused on employee experience and engagement with a global retailer;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, innovative approach to communications leveraging technology and formats to specific audience needs;
- A constant and curious learner; passionate to evolve and to lead best in class communications practices
- Experience and enjoyment working within a growing, global organisation
- A great relationship builder, that support the creation of great communications and engagement initiatives
- Strategic thinker and positive and solutions focused approach to issues; and
- Able to anticipate and mitigate where possible potential reputational issues.
Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary with performance based increases, based on experience, and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver.