The Digital Factory is an innovation hub with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience, to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the support and experience of one of the world’s largest banks behind us and a talented, and growing, team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
About the Director, Digital Customer Experience
This role is responsible for leading the vision, strategy and execution of mapping the end-to-end digital customer journey to accelerate acquisition and upsell, increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy. This overall strategy and customer journey will shape the go-to-market approach for our e-commerce experience. As the Director, Digital Customer Experience, this role partners primarily with Directors in Digital Marketing, Design & Creative Services as well as Engineering and Product. You are responsible for partnering and collaborating with a team of talented user experience and graphic designers, and web developers and will help drive the re-imagination and execution of discovery, shopping and learning experiences. You will work directly with the Digital Marketing team to support the conceptualization, design and development of digital sales and marketing campaigns (web, email and mobile) and experiences. If you are a senior customer experience professional who is self-driven, understands a customer first strategy, is data driven marketing & a customer experience management veteran, with an eye for superior UX, information architecture structure, and designing for ecommerce and merchandising experiences.... then we want to hear from you!
What will you do in this role?
You will be executing ecommerce digital experience design and strategy in Canada, where you will:
- Develop leading edge strategies to expand our reach, impact, and quality of customer engagement.
- Gain a first-hand understanding of how customers engage with the brand across all touch points and draw conclusions to continually evolve, improve, and optimize customer service in ecommerce.
- Outline “the customer journey” in discovery, shopping, sales and marketing to achieve the customer experience vision, including key benchmarks and measures of success.
- Establish metrics for defining our relationship with customers and define targets for the organization.
- In collaboration with the leadership and extended team, evaluate the existing ecommerce customer service technology stack to better understand opportunities and risks. Introduce relevant and value-add customer engagement functionality and leverage appropriate emerging innovations as part of the overall customer experience.
- Collaboration with the Design team to incorporate best practices and competitive ecommerce design experiences, usability testing and other user research programs to inform user-centric design
- Work in partnership with Digital Design Directors to conceptualize usable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across multiple platforms and devices, taking into consideration market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, usability findings and technology constraints
Are you the right person for the role?
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you can act both strategically and tactically; providing long-range thought leadership on the future of digital banking,
- You're a natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories that add clarity and inspire passion in our mission.
- You are a collaborative leader who leverages diversity across disciplines/locations/levels to fuel creativity and innovation in product design.
- You have a deep understanding of how design, prototyping, and user research meet complex and dynamic requirements within tight development windows.
- You have a deep understanding of human-centered approach and methods to design.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get it done.
- You have a real passion for changing the way people bank and a willingness to live in the future and build what’s missing.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have 10+ years design experience in customer experience management in ecommerce, sales and marketing environments.
- You have 8+ years building, developing and directly leading high-performance customer experience teams in fast-paced evolving organizations; demonstrated ability to attract top talent, and inspire/coach them to be their best.
- You hold an MBA and/or Bachelor Degree
- You have knowledge of Lean/agile UX principles; demonstrated success fostering experimentation and calculated risks to drive product innovation.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of banking, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. We are hiring for a variety of high impact roles. If you are curious but aren’t sure this role is right for you please contact us anyway - we’re moving fast and looking for hard-working and innovative individuals to take us to the next level.