Director, Communications contract
Director, GHRMS Communications - Contract-1104508
A new Global Human Resource Management System (Workday) is being implemented at Manulife in two phases, the first phase went live in October 2011 and the next phase is targeted for 2012. When the Workday system is fully implemented, the system will support 24,000 employees world-wide. There will be one global HR system with standardized data elements, standardized reporting, and common business processes - such as core HR administration, employee and manager self-service, time and attendance, compensation administration and HR reporting.
This role will lead the planning and implementation of high quality and impactful systems related communications to HR and employees and managers. The key mandate is to ensure there are ongoing effective communications surrounding the Global HRMS project, within the project team, senior HR leaders, the global HR community, and all managers and employees impacted by the launch, and ongoing releases and enhanced functionality of the Workday system.
- Provide global leadership, oversight and coordination of all HR systems related communication vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring the identification and timely dissemination of all project or operational related information, which may include the development of communications targeted to specific audiences.
- Actively participate in the review and re-vamp of Workday and HR system related information and communications on the Company intranet working with content owners, Corporate Communications, and other divisional communications experts.
- Directly contribute to alignment of the messaging with training and communications and support the development and review of training material.
- Work closely with the company wide communications team to develop positioning on system related communication keeping in mind programs, issues and change management needs to and suit the relevant audience
- Collaborate with communications colleagues to maintain a strong, cohesive HR image and reinforce the employee brand
Phase 2 (Asia) Implementation Responsibilities
- Leverage the phase 1 communication plan to develop a blueprint for Asia in partnership with the Asia communications lead, which can be leveraged by each country.
- Partner with Asia Communication Lead to strategize what supporting is required from global vs. local teams.
- Understand the change management objectives for Asia to guide the Asia Communication Lead on the execution of communication plan.
- Consult Asia communication team on global best practices and consistency, where required.
- Ensure communications material is signed off by the appropriate stakeholders before it is released to the end user.
- Participate in global implementation meetings.
- University or college degree in communications, journalism, marketing and/or public relations
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in developing and implementing employee communications, or large business transformation initiative would be an asset
- Global mindset.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and editing skills. Excellent proof reader with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement various communication approaches (e.g. intranet articles, webcasts, brochures, etc.) to create effective messaging to a variety of audiences within a global enterprise
- Ability to influence others, drive a project to completion and support the business in re-thinking communication content and delivery methods
- Proven ability to develop, recommend and implement communications plans and strategies consistent with business objectives. Able to influence and work with a large team (100+) in multiple locations and with multiple levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate team telephone conference / working sessions that facilitate open and direct discussion and encourage creative problem solving. Able to influence, negotiate and build consensus within a group and is experienced with working with senior executives.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Lotus Notes, Visio and web-based applications (Adobe), enjoys leveraging technology.
- Familiarity with Web publishing concepts and social collaboration tools would be an asset.
- Fast learner who is a self starter who thrives in a high profile and fast paced environment.
- Excellent organization skills, project management skills and is able to work on several priorities with critical deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude and being responsive to change.
- Ability to work with multiple time zones.
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services group operating in 21 countries and territories worldwide. For more than 120 years, clients have looked to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We provide asset management services to institutional customers worldwide as well as reinsurance solutions, specializing in property and casualty retrocession. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$492billion (US$473 billion) as at September 30, 2011. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.
Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.