ImageX has an immediate opportunity for a Digital Strategist to join our team. At ImageX, you’ll work on exciting and challenging projects in an Agile environment where innovation and learning is prized and everyone’s voice is heard. Your colleagues are passionate about client success, web development and advocates of both open source and delivering excellence.
About the Position:
As a Digital Strategist, your experience will be in online marketing, content strategy and user experience. You’ll work strategically with our clients in consulting and discovery projects, helping augment their marketing expertise with specialized advice. You will be outlining strategic options to attain business goals via digital technologies and diverse online channels. During web implementation projects, you will provide steering for web and social media channel development. With your broad experience, you will contribute to SEO / SEM and content strategy. You will use your knowledge of benchmarks and analytics to assist with the measurement of solution performance.
You are a seasoned strategist with top-end skills for handling clients, and understanding business objectives and strategies. You have a feeling for the nuances of a client’s brand and market. You have a practical ability to roll up your sleeves and run a discovery workshop, document strategies and guidelines, and supervise and review content production. You are an outstanding communicator verbally and in written media, and you thoroughly understand the digital technologies in play.
Additionally, you’ll work closely with our sales department to craft our proposals and presentations with clients and prospects. Partnering with our VP of Business Development, you’ll present our estimations, recommendations, and content, UX and design direction to potential clients.
- Degree in Commerce, Marketing or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in Digital Strategy and related Online Marketing
- Strong knowledge of content strategy and associated tasked tasks including, content delivery standards, content audits, content modelling, content governance and related content best practices
- Ability to scope web and implement web strategies including, executing on associated content production and strategy tasks as given
- Strong ability to write, edit and proof high-quality content for websites and social channels across multiple industries
- Strong understanding of a content-informed and User Experience (UX) design approach
- Solid understanding of Online marketing strategy and best practices (organic SEO, pay per click, etc)
- Strong grasp of marketing and brand strategy
- Strong understanding and experience with social media
- Knowledge and skills in benchmarking and analytics
- In-depth electronic media knowledge, multi-channel familiarity
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong client handling and relationship skills
- Ability to understand and communicate client business goals and objectives, and strategies
- Excellent documentation abilities
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and efficiently, with knack for creating easy to read and compelling content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to independently research and compile information from a variety of sources
- Ability to work as part of a high-functioning and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with low to high fidelity wireframes and mockups (Axure Pro experience desired)
- Experience in Higher Education field
- Working knowledge of content management systems (ideally Drupal)
- Experience working in client-facing environments for a web agency
- Experience with Information Architecture (IA), taxonomies, meta data and related
How to Apply:
Please apply through our online application form with your cover letter, portfolio link and resume. Ideally we're looking for someone to work from our office onsite but are open to remote possibilities should we not find the right candidate in our vicinity.
ImageX is an award-winning Drupal development shop that was founded in 2001. With over 200 successful Drupal site launches, we have the expertise needed to ensure success. Some of our clients include Disney, Stanford, Indiana State, Linux, Portland State, A&E and many others. We’re located at the nexus of one of the best places on earth, in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia – just a short trip to the beach or to first-class ski slopes. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of both clients and our team – which means we value creativity, involvement, flexibility & the constant high of being crazy in love with what we do. Learn more about us at http://imagexmedia.com/about.