Position Title: Digital Strategy Coordinator - Tour
Terms: 5 month full-time contract with possibility of extension
Reporting: The Digital Strategy Coordinator reports to the National Tour Lead
About the campaign: In the fall of 2014, David Suzuki will cross Canada with a team of change makers and prominent cultural ambassadors to educate the leaders of tomorrow and motivate Canadians from all walks of life to carry Dr. Suzuki’s lifelong legacy of environmental protection forward into the future. The tour will feature grassroots trainings in key communities as well as an immersive online platform that will reach far beyond the confines of the tour events.
About the role: The Tour Digital Strategy Coordinator maintains the bilingual tour websites, implements email marketing campaigns and manages constituent data across multiple platforms.
About you: You are passionate about using the internet to save the human race. You move fast. You are cool under lots of pressure. You gracefully navigate through moving targets and multiple competing priorities. You like working in an environment where you never, ever, ever get bored. You are a great project manager and an expert cat herder. You know who invented the internet. You have experience building and maintaining WordPress sites, implementing email campaigns (preferably via Marketo) and managing data (preferably via Salesforce.com). Vous êtes une licorne.
Website Maintenance and Content Management - 25%
- maintain Tour related web properties in both French and English (WordPress, ControlShift)
- manage content across all Tour related web properties in both French and English
Email Marketing - 25%
- implement all outgoing Tour related broadcast emails using Marketo.com
- ensure that all emails are optimized for mobile
- maintain email marketing metrics
Metrics and analysis - 25%
- track and analyze all Tour related online activity (Google Analytics and conversion tracking based on donations, purchases, registrations and email marketing metrics)
- recommend meaningful improvements to websites and email marketing campaigns based on analysis in relation to project goals
- work with the Digital Strategy team to develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve Adwords campaigns
Database Administration/List Management - 25%
- ensure all Tour related online properties integrate with Salesforce.com
- maintain relationships with 18 ticket vendors and upload lists of Tour ticket purchasers 2x per week to Salesforce.com
Other related duties as required including training staff and volunteers across all digital strategy tools.
Education and Experience
An undergraduate degree in multimedia design and communications or a related or equivalent work experience is required. Two or more years of proven website management, database management and email marketing experience. Experience working on time bound campaigns in a non-profit environment is an asset.
Skill sets and qualities
- Demonstrated expertise in website maintenance and content management
- Demonstrated expertise in email marketing
- Demonstrated expertise in SEO and web analytics
- Demonstrated expertise in data management
- Demonstrated expertise customizing WordPress sites
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility standards and techniques
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn very quickly) Salesforce, Marketo, ControlShift, Google Adwords and Google Analytics
- Experience managing complex projects
- Self-starter and independent
- Strong values aligned with the David Suzuki Foundation's mission
- Empowering attitude: you are a positive team player who thrives and works well in a busy, deadline-driven and information-rich workplace
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb written and spoken English language skills
- French language skills an asset