The Digital Strategist role plays a vital role in the strategy, development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of digital marketing platforms and media programs on behalf of the credit union system as a whole. This includes managing project workflow, supplier relationships and deliverables, as well as managing credit union stakeholder relationships, communications, and deliverables.
The Digital Strategist is responsible for managing day-to-day interaction with our credit union stakeholder, media and marketing research partners. They will be responsible for teaching and mentoring the marketing team on all digital platforms and analytics to better serve our credit union stakeholders.Working under the direction of the Senior Manager, Cooperative Marketing , they will be launching and project managing digital marketing solutions for credit unions which will have a substantial impact on the credit union system and improve the capabilities of the Marketing department. The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of the business and drive opportunities forward. The Digital Marketing Strategist answers key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions, and how digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of business objectives, online strategies, and the competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective digital marketing recommendations.
This person will also be developing digital content, managing social media campaigns and general marketing services support to the Co-operative Marketing team, Central 1 overall, and our member credit unions.
Provide digital marketing expertise for the Credit Unions of BC, Credit Unions of Ontario, National Marketing Program and other digital cooperative marketing programs. Specific duties include the following:
- Develops unique strategies and builds upon current credit union strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives i.e. project managing the roll out of a marketing cloud platform to all credit union in BC and Ontario
- Executes projects to be high quality, on time and cost-effective/on budget
- Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met
- Manages overall project scope and project budgets
- Provides leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution of programs to the Marketing team and credit union stakeholders
- Proactively keeps abreast of digital marketing and media, and provides technological solutions including rich media, site optimization, promotional ideas, mobile, social networks, viral, etc.
- Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes
- Conceptualize, research, and create compelling content that educates and inspires our audience to take action
- Runs project meetings, and work in close alignment with Communications and Marketing Strategy counterparts
- Develop videos, copy and imagery that can be shared on social media and digital channels
- Responsible for planning, purchasing and tracking digital media and SEM.
- Responsible for analytics reporting and custom digital promotions and media programs
- Day-to-day lead in working with digitalvendors and agencies; determining business requirements and providing recommendations for updates and enhancements to campaign properties.
- Support the development and implementation of microsites, event digital properties and email campaigns
- Responsible for overseeing the project workflow of cooperative marketing digital and web updates with internal and external resources
- Manages program budgets for the cooperative marketing programs, including expense tracking and supplier invoice payments, and budget reports for management
Other marketing and project management duties as assigned.
- You have a post-secondary education specializing in Marketing, Communications or Digital design.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a digital marketing
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with partners and key credit union stakeholders, resulting in the establishment of strong communication networks and increased advocacy and awareness.
- Strong leadership qualities with strategic thinking and business acumen, with a focus on generating revenue and being cost-efficient.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously and multi-task accordingly with little supervision.
- Knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is an asset. Proficient use of project management software, accounting systems, contact and content management systems is also an asset.
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including creative, agencies,technical specialists and digital vendors
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with credit union stakeholders
- You have a solid understanding of SEO and analytics and can leverage these tools to help inform and drive success
- You’re skilled in producing and editing video content
- You’re very organized, resourceful, fast, and have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re the type of person who is constantly learning and staying ahead of the curve in terms of digital trends and technology
- You’re customer-focused and you thrive in a team environment
- Previous exposure to the credit union system would be an asset
We offer a great working environment, including an on-site fitness center and cafeteria. We are only a short walk along the seawall to Granville Island and the beaches of Kitsilano. Central 1 is proud of is committed to helping our employees achieve personal success and offers a competitive salary and variety of career development opportunities.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.