Digital Strategist contract
Reader’s Digest is a leading Canadian multi-brand media and marketing company that educates, entertains and inspires, connecting audiences throughout Canada. It publishes five magazines, including Reader’s Digest and Sélection, Canada's most read magazines with 7.5 million readers a month. It has recently launched Best Health, a healthy lifestyle magazine for Canadian women and More of Our Canada, a companion magazine to the very popular Our Canada magazine. Along with being a premier publisher of books, music and video products, it operates a network of branded websites in Canada, including readersdigest.ca, selection.ca, ourcanada.ca, besthealthmag.ca, plaisirssante.ca, allrecipes.ca, allrecipes.qc.ca and tasteofhome.com.
Job posting: Interactive Strategist
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Integrated Solutions
Job location: Toronto, Ontario
This position works closely with the Director, Marketing & Integrated Solutions in the planning and development of strategic, integrated solutions to support revenue generation/growth for all RDMedia assets (digital, database, experiential).
The incumbent will take a lead role, working collaboratively with sales, research, editorial and digital in order to develop concept, write proposal and bring to life in client presentation a targeted and creative business solution.
- Assesses and understands the market and client business needs
- Amasses in-depth knowledge of the RDMedia products, sites and content verticals
- Works with Sales to understands the objectives and needs of advertisers in all verticals
- Works with Sales and Web Editorial Manager to brainstorm solutions to develop big ideas
- Collaborates with online external partners on these integrated programs
- Builds web media plan integrating all the assets at his disposal
- Develops sales proposals in a compelling manner that meet the needs of advertisers and Sales
- Identifies metrics for all programs and provides reporting for clients
- Accompanies and supports the sales team on presentations as required
- Ensures that the success of all campaigns is measured and the key findings are incorporated into future campaigns
- Identifies and develops proactive revenue generating opportunities with Web Editorial Manager and Digital Product Manager
- Participates in the achievement of Digital revenue targets
- University degree (Communication, Marketing, or Digital Media Studies program)
- Minimum of 5 years of interactive or integrated agency experience or in a similar position within another media organization
- Experience working with major national and international brands.
- Background in interactive planning and tactical strategy
- Significant exposure to the creative ideation process
- Strategic thinker and able to marry creative thinking with tactical execution.
- Solid knowledge of and keep abreast of the interactive ad industry, web / new media offerings and trends contributing to the knowledge of sales team to be seen as leaders in integrated sales.
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communications skills with emphasis on strong writing skills
- Able to create and present projects and new concepts to people working in a variety of fields
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Thrive in a time sensitive/high pressure environment
- Organized and able to multi-task