The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for the successful development, deployment and management of digital strategy for client brands. The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of a client business and drive growth opportunities. The Digital Marketing Strategist answers key questions such as how brand strengths are demonstrated and experienced through digital interactions, and how client resources and assets are creatively developed into effective campaigns driving campaign goals and objectives.
This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online marketing strategies, and their competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective digital marketing recommendations. This person also handles the day-to-day operations of agency projects, including research, scope development, creative briefing and job execution. He or she works alone or in conjunction and alongside the client account manager (CAM) to manage client contact, organizing information shared by and with the client, and ensuring that agency procedures are followed.
Digital Marketing Strategists are responsible for achieving the client’s strategic marketing, brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies. They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless execution of successful strategies. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
You will work collaboratively with the client service team to support our clients. You will play a key role in increasing the digital knowledge of the team and together expanding the revenues of the client base through innovation and delivery of inbound marketing services. In order to be highly successful in this position you need to own client performance in online marketing.
Reports to: Todd Mumford, CEO
Leadership and Team Management
- Achieves the highest levels of quality and standards for personal and team artifacts.
- Transfers knowledge to client, project and discipline to team members and peers.
- Recognizes project issues and elevates them to the appropriate project team members with suggested, well-thought out solutions.
Client Relationship Management
- Rapidly establishes credibility at all levels within the client.
- Prepares and conducts formal presentations.
- Consistently looks for ways that the client can improve their current processes.
Planning and Consulting
- Provides research and analysis for digital/web-based/social media/ mobiles campaigns and initiatives that integrate industry best practices for inbound maximum marketing results.
- Understand industry/market intelligence and knowledge of best practices.
- Develop strategy in the preparation and facilitation of client planning sessions and strategy workshops.
- Educate Riverbed Marketing account team and their clients on how to maximize their digital opportunities.
Development of primary strategy artifacts, including:
- Strategy Reports
- Implementation Plans
- Communication Plans
- Audience Profiles / Buyer Personas
- User Scenarios
· Coordinates research efforts with other internal and external research departments and/or providers.
Metrics and Analytics
- Determine best measures of success and performance for initiatives
- Actively analyze client performance and generate implement plans for pivots and changes to align with client goals and objectives
- Present and sell in specific findings to clients to create learning and roadmap for future programs
- Searches with curiosity
- Open curiosity about life
- Highly analytical thinker
- Highly critical thinker
- Constantly looks for and learns from new information or experiences
- Thinks innovatively, using data to guide decisions
- Looks beyond the obvious to develop highly creative and solutions with impact
- Displays openness and honesty
- Thrives on accountability
- Demonstrates high levels of leadership
- Is sincere in own behavior and dealings with others
- Demonstrates passion
- Approaches all tasks in a wholehearted and enthusiastic manner
- Is results and performance-focused for clients and Riverbed Marketing
- Understands what is important to client and agency and is committed to achieving goals
- Shows team spirit
- Recognizes the value and the responsibility of working in a team
- Great energy and passion for your work
- Curious and driven to explore the possibilities and find the answer(s).
- Ability to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and find solutions
- Strong rapport builder, able to facilitate ideas and build relationships with client and agency teams
- Have a sensitive eye for insights that spark the creative process
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong presenter
- Being brilliant, interesting and highly collaborative.
- Team player.
- Proven experience in a digital role within a marketing agency
What’s expected from the person within the first 3 months:
- Quickly establish yourself in the role and become an indispensable part of the Digital/Planning/Client/Agency team.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and clarity on key strategic assignments and actively add value to the projects assigned.
- Be seen as a key digital resource and improve the quality of work and thinking of the agency.
- Longer term – Blow us away with new ways to solve the problems identified, create opportunities for the development of great work, partner with planning group to define and refine core digital and strategic tools and thought leadership presentations.
- Develops unique strategies and builds upon current client strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives
- Executes projects to be high quality, on time and cost-effective/on budget
- Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines are met
- Manages overall project scope and ensures staffing assumptions adhere to budget
- Develops strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and
- Manages work and professional development of assigned project manager(s)
- Works with client account managers to ensure team is aligned to client requirements
- Proactively keeps abreast of assigned clients' marketing and media plans, and provides technological solutions including rich media, site optimization, promotional ideas, mobile, social networks, viral, etc.
- Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes
- Reviews statements and estimates of work prior to client review
- Provides campaign performance reporting and analysis to clients
- Ensures accountability is established during the project planning process
- Contribute weekly to the Riverbed Marketing blog and marketing guides
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (Business, Marketing, Communications) or 4-6 years equivalent experience
- Three to five years of full-time experience in digital marketing or advertising (preferred)
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media and Technical Delivery Specialists
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners
- Exceptional skills in digital marketing