Digital Storyteller full-time
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (“TD” or “the Bank”).
TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe:
- Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth, TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance;
- U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance U.S., and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and
- Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities.
TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$862.0 billion in assets on October 31, 2013. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
We are seeking a talented & versatile digital storyteller who can rise to any challenge.
You love telling stories. Whether in pithy text, video, infographic, or some other "yet to be created" digital medium. You love helping people understand how to navigate issues in their lives in an entertaining way. You are entrepreneurial & creative and have the financial acumen to take intimidating and complex financial issues … and boil them down to what matters.
You can hit deadlines. You produce 'high volumes of content' at the speed of a high pressure newsrooms. You are a self-starter. You can pick up a phone to get who and what you need to get the piece you want. You own your content. You read the personal finance section – and think there is a better way of doing "that". And you want as many people as possible to see your content and are savvy in the world of digital distribution. And you can synthesize business objectives with what the public wants to hear quickly and effortlessly.
And you want to be part of building one-of-a-kind editorial group in a fantastic organization. You enjoy wearing many hats: a troubleshooter and a doer, who both receives and gives direction well, and who cares deeply about producing high-quality content.
- Editorial video production experience
- A skilled producer/sharp writer; detailed-oriented, organized, creative, web-savvy, a superb editor
- Interested in a wide array of subjects, from lifestyle to finance and everything in between/ Can take complex technical financial content, transform into compelling content
- Can conceptualize story/content/Idea generation
- Can lead multi-media content creation including: writing teases, intros, headlines, videos, infographics, lists, etc);
- Content creation/production, scheduling, consistency/tagging, selecting images, style
- Can work with top-notch graphics/multimedia team to ensure look/result is consistent with objectives, and is eye-catching and mobile-friendly/adaptive design
- Can integrate feedback into content creation and quickly alert group to any unusual or negative feedback
- Ensure content is compelling and "tone" appropriate
- Strong understanding of best practices, trends, and innovations in content marketing
Nice to have's
- Knowledge of mechanics of publishing and management (Search engine optimization, etc.)
- Familiarity in content management systems, Photoshop, SEO, and basic HTML, Adobe Premiere Adobe Prelude would be an asset (for selecting clips / shortcutting paper editing)
- Experience working with clients
Qualifications: You most likely have
- 5-10 years in journalism or digital publishing (print, digital or television) (business, technology journalism a plus)
- An undergrad in economics, business, communications and/or Masters in communications or Business Administration
- Experience in financial communications; ability to ask the right questions
- A portfolio/examples of work
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; experience communicating with senior executives/clients
- Outgoing; demonstrates keen initiative, flexibility and ability to react quickly to changing needs, positively rising to challenges presented
- Ability to work independently and as a team player