Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range: $64,973 to $77,589 annually
SFU Department Description: Lifelong Learning - Marketing & Communications
Position Grade: 8
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
SFU Lifelong Learning, which encompasses SFU Continuing Studies and the SFU English Language and Culture Program, strives to be the leading provider of flexible, responsive education in British Columbia and beyond. In addition to offering noncredit courses and programs for professional and personal development, we engage the community in lifelong learning through a variety of public activities and events.
As we work to transform, empower and mobilize learners for life in a changing world, we remain nimble, curious and ready to adapt to evolving needs. We continuously learn and find new ways of doing things, and are committed to fostering a culture where equity, diversity, inclusion and decolonization underpin all our work.
The Digital Portfolio Manager oversees the systems that support marketing communications for Lifelong Learning, including websites, online advertising, and email marketing. The marketing department in Lifelong Learning is a small team with a big mandate: communication and recruitment for all Continuing Studies and other non-credit programming. In this multi-faceted role, the Manager provides leadership in web design, digital marketing, and user experience; leads the unit’s marketing analytics; and manages online advertising. If you’re a creative problem-solver with impeccable attention to detail and a passion for using systems to communicate with a wide range of users, we encourage you to apply.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Computer Science, Design, Business or a relevant discipline and five years of related experience in designing creative, user-friendly, mobile-responsive, online community-focused, interactive websites; experience in developing for iOS, Android, and a variety of desktop operating systems; experience using customer relationship management and email marketing or marketing automation tools; experience managing digital advertising; and experience using analytics; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of responsive web and email design principles and ability to code (i.e., HTML and CSS).
- Excellent knowledge of current web design standards, trends and techniques, and user experience best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of standard content management applications (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager) and design applications (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite applications).
- Excellent knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform and multi-device issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Excellent knowledge of customer relationship management systems (e.g., Salesforce).
- Excellent knowledge of marketing concepts and promotional strategies.
- Good knowledge of standard IT systems, relational databases, and requirements for their integrations with websites and CRM.
- Good knowledge of and ability to use video editing applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading projects, communicating project statuses, and completing deliverables.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
Lifelong Learning is dedicated to building a diverse staff and advancing the rights and inclusion of equity-deserving groups and communities, including, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and 2SLGBTQI people. We are interested in candidates with a commitment to equity, social justice, Indigenous Truth and Reconciliation, diversity and inclusion. Equity-deserving people are strongly encouraged to apply.