Digital Multi Media Advisor
Job Opening Id:
182 – Communications
Headquarters Campbell West
35.00 / week
$ 63,910.00 - $ 75,190.00
Salary under review
Reporting to the Digital Engagement Specialist, the Digital Multi-media Advisor is responsible for the day-to-day execution of digital communications strategies. This position provides day-to-day support for the Region’s website and social media channels. This position supports the in-house creation of multi-media products for use on the Region's website and digital communications channels. This role in collaboration with the Digital Engagement Specialist establishes, implements, and maintains digital content strategies to enhance effective social media marketing and digital communications content.
- Diploma/Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Computer Science, Journalism, Marketing, Broadcasting, Video Production or related discipline
- Website editing experience, including writing for the web, web editing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web content strategy development using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and consultation using recognized principles and techniques
- Demonstrated experience developing, executing and evaluating strategic digital media campaigns and/or plans
- Writing and editing experience (photo/video/text) for social media
- Experience applying the Canadian Press Style guides
- Experience managing social media accounts (e.g. Meta Business Suite, YouTube and Twitter); knowledge of hypertext mark-up language (HTML), FTP and other web technologies, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of video development, editing and production
- Knowledge of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) standards, copyright and privacy legislation is preferred.
- Strong analytic skills and an understanding of social and digital metrics
- Experience working in a public sector setting is preferred
Digital and Online Communications engagement activities and support. (60% of time)
- Creates and edits content for Niagara Region’s website and social media channels and ensures accuracy, correctness, clarity and branding
- Contributes to the strategy, content and appropriate audience segmentation for all program e-marketing and e-communications
- In collaboration with other members of the team, writes, creates and posts social media content including responses to public feedback
- Creates, writes, edits, maintains and supports internal digital communication channels - the Vine.
- In collaboration with other members of the team, retains an overview of content, tone and style across all digital platforms to ensure the content is kept current and reflects the Niagara Region brand and priorities, generates a positive image for Niagara Region and external audiences and remains fresh, inspiring, informative and compelling
- Ensures appropriate reading level of materials for various target audiences, including different age groups, education, clear language, and/or interest/priority groups
- Ensures AODA legislation is met through all digital means
- Ensures corporate policy compliance is monitored and maintained
Monitoring Web, Social Media and Surveillance activities. (15% of time)
- Listens actively to online discussions about the program and inject program messaging into the conversation within parameters set by the Associate Director of Strategic Communications and Public Affairs and the Digital Communications Specialist.
- Monitors social media groups, activity and comments
- Composes and posts online responses
- Monitors and analyzes data on Niagara Region’s digital media performance
- Provides backup to the Digital Engagement Specialist to moderate and respond to public inquiries through social media and the website portal in a timely manner.
Develop and produce effective video and photograph products to satisfy client needs. (15% of time)
- Creates and edit video and photograph content for the Regional digital communications channels.
- Collaborates with staff on how to utilize video in support of business objectives and develops storyboards for video production that help the audience relate to the desired message.
- Pre-production planning; developing scripts, shot lists, story boards and securing location(s),
- Post-production activities; reviewing footage, computer graphics and special effects, logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction and final editing;
- Maintains corporate identity standards, ensuring Visual Identity Guidelines and graphics and design standards are followed
- Ensures appropriate use of video and photograph content to support the message given the communication channel used and target audience for the message
- Attends Corporate events and gatherings for the purpose of capturing photographs and videos
- Manages the retention and storage of digital media products
Gather and analyze data and trends related to digital multi-media and social media usage. (10% of time)
- Identifies opportunities and participates in ongoing website usability studies and tests (e.g. focus groups, online user tests, organized usability testing) to gauge content effectiveness, ensuring that content is relevant and useful to users; makes recommendations and implements changes based on results
- Leverages analytics in order to measure audience retention and other critical KPIs and use those KPIs to identify way to optimize performance.
- Researches latest industry trends and informs colleagues and internal clients on best practices and guidelines pertaining to content strategy and content marketing
- Establish and meet key performance indicators; build useful measurement plans to tie social action to client business objectives
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons (such as video and photography)
- May be required to work weekends and afterhours providing digital communications updates and support for special events.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!