Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Reporting to Manager, Web and Digital Technologies, this position is responsible for producing videos, photos, and other digital content to share stories surrounding KPU for marketing purposes, throughout our social media network and website. This role will require flexible working hours, sometimes working evenings and weekends and will travel between our multiple campuses in order to capture engaging footage of KPU students, events, etc. The Digital Content Specialist will administer and coordinate the design, content and posting of video and photo assets and ensure the effective operation and usage of the university's video/photo technology for KPU marketing and promotional purposes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a degree or diploma or in a related field.
- Two years or more or work experience in video, multimedia design, production and maintenance.
- Equivalent combination of education and related current experience may be acceptable.
- Photo/video journalism experience is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of digital photography.
- Thorough knowledge of video pre-production, production and post-production.
- Understanding of storytelling and branding as it applies to photography and video.
- Proficient in the use of digital recording and editing equipment and software.
- A proven portfolio showcasing creative use of video/photos in marketing campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of new media software applications (e.g., Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Demonstrated abilities creating video, photo and written content for web and social media.
- Good knowledge of and proven experience using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat for marketing purposes.
- Demonstrated abilities creating video/photo and written content for websites and social media.
- Knowledge of web development an asset.
- Familiarity with Drupal and Wordpress.
- Demonstrated experience writing, with an eye for detail, design, content and brand.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, under own initiative.
- Demonstrated successes independently organizing work to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to deal with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the university effectively and to handle unusual or unexpected situations professionally.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.