The Digital Media Specialist develops engaging video and audio content and brings communication skills and a strategic lens to TRU’s digital storytelling. This position will write scripts, edit video, publish online content and strategize with others in order to turn complex concepts and messages into compelling visual stories–whether those stories are packaged into 30 seconds or three minutes. This role reports to the Content Manager and will work closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications team in support of its goals and strategies.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate video production for a variety of marketing and communications initiatives, ranging from advertising campaigns, internal communications, media and donor relations and community engagement.
- Capture and edit video and audio for standalone projects and collaborate with team members on larger productions.
- Review video requests and develop strategies that align with organizational goals.
- Grow audience engagement through live video streaming and scripted video productions.
- Assist in the preproduction process, including video strategy, script writing, equipment acquisition, talent, location scouting and legal clearances.
- Complete post-production duties, including capturing, logging, and editing the footage to incorporate graphics, music, and other stylized aspects to produce a professional media product.
- Distribute digital media online and on social networks, including YouTube, Instagram Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Report on channel content and make recommendations based on analysis to ensure content strategies are effective.
- Evaluate and demonstrate how new video, audio, photography and other media technology can benefit TRU.
- Relevant post-secondary 2-year diploma, in journalism, communications, film or other relevant areas of study
- Five (5) years' related experience including:
- Experience writing engaging video scripts for post-secondary audiences
- Experience with the creation of engaging web video
- Producing and editing content for rich media communications platforms, such as YouTube
- Experience implementing digital media into marketing and communication strategies
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Proven ability to write effectively for video and social platforms; an understanding of social voice, tone and style is essential
- Experience and understanding of content creation
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with others on larger projects
- High degree of understanding of how to amplify the TRU experience with relevant and engaging content
- Experience with video editing software (Final Cut Pro preferred)
- Working knowledge of audio and video streaming technologies and a thorough understanding of editing, encoding and the digitizing process
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills, including ability to participate in complex projects, set and meet timelines, and focus on institutional objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Adept at working effectively in teams with members possessing diverse skill sets, experience and ways of working
- Sitting at a computer and audio-visual equipment for a long period of time
- Outside or indoors operating cameras and organizing shoots
- General office conditions
- Travel required – local and regional
- Ability to lift weights up to 10 kg.
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview