The OUTtv team is growing as we expand our Canadian presence and subscriber base. As the only television and online social media portal that features programming for the LGBTQ community we are looking for someone as passionate as we are about building community and providing quality programming. We seek a strategic, creative, hands-on digital team leader who will evolve our digital presence as we grow our brand.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working alongside the upper management team handling customer experience, customer retention, and content marketing along with owned and paid media, with the goal of increasing awareness and growing the subscriber base for OUTtv and the recently launched OUTtvGo platform. Visit OUTtv.ca and OUTtvGo.com to experience the brand and content we offer.
OUTtv provides a supportive, flexible work environment that offers a healthy work-life balance. We are dog friendly and centrally located near Main & Broadway with easy access to public transportation.
- Ensure our online presence is consistent with our brand and set best practices for customer experience.
- Identify prospective audience segments and provide insights to inform positioning and paid media targeting strategy.
- This is a ‘roll up your sleeves’ position, which will require you to manage day-to-day execution of the overall marketing plan and to work alongside our creative teams to ensure the creative look and the content marketing is aligned to our brand and overall strategy.
- Work with other members of the marketing team to shape creative materials, develop native to digital channels and craft go-to-market plans for a slate of content geared to the LGBTQ community and their allies.
- Lead content marketing, SEO, SEM, CRM to develop highly aligned, multi-faceted campaigns that will create buzz, find new fans and drive national membership growth.
- Ability to write and edit copy for digital channels using a keyword strategy and relevancy match for landing pages.
- Use analytics and research to set goals, determine reporting criteria, and set best practices for reports that give insights to compliment channel growth plans and subscriber retention.
- Manage and create monthly reports that track key metrics and provide key insight and action items to ensure on-going improvements and give insights to customer experience.
- Lead campaign execution between internal team, media agencies, and operational team to drive flawless execution of campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal and external developers & agencies to create an effective user experience and partner with our technical team to maintain and enhance our site.
- Managing relationships, scope of work and budgets with external agency partners and vendors.
- Ensure digital marketing projects are tracking on budget.
- Create and manage RFP and technical requirements for website and App iterations including enhancements for new features and design.
- Ensuring accuracy of information and efficiencies in internal data management.
- Maximizing digital channel support for sales initiatives.
- Meet with digital marketing vendors to keep track of new digital opportunities for the brands.
- Responsible for mentorship and management of two digital support staff in a professional manner with a human touch.
- Ability to manage by modeling, which means rolling-up your sleeves, doing the work and also teaching when needed to build the expertise within the team.
- Assign and monitor work flow and guide project management.
- Create growth plans for team.
- Review team goals weekly and ensure the projects are in line with team goals.
- Minimum 4-6 years online marketing experience including hands-on digital experience and team management.
- Subject matter expert in all aspects of digital marketing including website content optimization, app development and marketing, keyword research SEM/SEO, analytics, CRM/email, social media, online advertising/promotions, content marketing, and project management.
- Understanding of Omni-channel strategy, planning and execution.
- Previous Agency experience, Brand Management or Digital Producer experience a plus.
- Experience launching and marketing an App is a plus.
- Post- secondary diploma or degree in Marketing or related field (preferably with a digital focus).
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Innovative, self-starter, able to work with limited supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible, results oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverse workload.
- Knowledge and experience with Campaign Monitor or a comparable ESP.
- Understanding and ability to use Double Click for Publisher.
- Photoshop and Illustrator experience a plus.