Yellow Pages NextHome is a leading provider of media and online advertising solutions to the Canadian real estate industry. We help builders, developers, real estate brokers and agents and landlords by showcasing their homes and optimizing their media spend to reach a higher percentage of Canadians who are actively seeking to learn more about where to live – whether it’s their first, next, or final home!
For more than 25 years, our team has been helping real estate professionals in every category grow their business by connecting them with home buyers and renters. Today, in addition to our 40+ print publications located in more than 7,000 street and retail locations across Canada, we offer an array of online advertising solutions, our own media high traffic websites, mobile solutions focused on helping our Real Estate clients Connect with Canadians both nationally and at a regional level.
What’s our Mission?
To Connect Canadians with Real Estate
We do this by providing them with the real estate data and information they need to help them find the home of their dreams! For us it’s more than just “3 bedrooms, 2 baths, $500,000”. It’s all about helping consumers by giving them the context they need to make the right decision for them. Looking for the scoop on what’s happening in the real estate market, ask us, read us, visit us, follow us… You can trust us to give you a view on everything happening in real estate in Canada.
Why do we need you?
The Digital Marketing Strategist is the in-field media marketing expert, dedicated to providing value-added consulting services to our customers along side the sales organization. Their expertise extends across all media landscapes from traditional directional media options to new and emerging digital solutions – more notably in the area of websites, search engine marketing and search engine optimization.
Practically speaking this role lives and breaths within the sales organization, leveraging said expertise to assist in building, presenting and optimizing media solutions that generate the right return. This role also requires expert collaborative skills to drive revenue targets that are ultimately delivered and owned by the Media Consultants sales force.
The Digital Marketing Strategist is a highly specialized agent of change and a committed resource to Sales assisting in leading the transformation of our organization and industry into the digital world as one of Canada's leading multi media companies.
Finally, the Digital Marketing Strategist provides input in the preparation of education opportunities for Media Consultants.
What will you be doing?
- Drive Revenue through Sales Support - Develop and implement client focused performance marketing solutions, in tandem with the Media Consultant, for an identified group of customer accounts. Deliver expected revenue growth and renewal results as targeted.
- Real Time Support and Education - Provide ongoing support to the Media Consultants during all steps of the sales process - from pre-sales through to post sales. Shares wins, best practices and participates in educational efforts underpinning performance marketing solutions across media platforms.
- Customer Liaison - Present product solutions to customers face-to-face alongside the Media Consultants, with an emphasis on diagnostic selling strategies that deliver the ‘right fit’ media solution. Be available for customer follow-up and/or queries related to performance media solutions and associated products, delivery and/or reporting.
- Personal Expertise - Seek opportunities to enhance personal knowledge around marketing/media strategies within the real estate sector and specifically performance marketing solutions within the rapidly evolving digital media universe. Ensure an ongoing expertise in this targeted field.
What we’re looking for?
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- Post-secondary Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years performance media sales or marketing experience within the real estate sector (a plus). Particular expertise in the field of online and search marketing is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of concepts related to SEO, social media, local search, adwords and paid search, display advertising and retargeting with preference given to those that are certified as Google Advertising Professionals
- Excellent knowledge of online and print media environments
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral in English
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Proven ability to achieve results by influencing others
- Strong organizational/planning skills, complemented with excellent time management
- Ability to overcome both internal and external objections with perseverance and tact
- Excellent training and coaching skills for peer-to-peer relationships
- Personally driven toward development and continuing education around the latest online/SEM opportunities
Here's why you should work for us.....
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation Upon Hire
- Flexible Benefits Plan with No Waiting Period
- Group RRSP with Company Match
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Work Schedules