Start Date: 7/4/2022
End Date: 7/5/2023
All job details may be found at https://uvic.mua.hrd../view/8597.
All applicants must apply through the UVic website listed above.
How We Work Together
- have a track record of creating and implementing results-driven marketing campaigns on digital channels (email, search engines and social media).
- have experience editing HTML and CSS, and can troubleshoot issues
- get excited about designing digital ads.
- thrive on exploring and learning new technologies and concepts to improve existing processes.
- like figuring out those few key items that will unlock a campaign's success.
- love working with a diverse group of people.
- exist to build the business of the division and its program units.
- care for the Continuing Studies brand and the success of our division.
- trust each other’s skills and experiences and enjoy working together towards a common goal.
- believe in making the complex simple.
- are convinced learning new things will move us forward.
As a vital member of the Division Marketing Services (DMS) team at the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS), you will be responsible for managing email and SEM/PPC campaigns (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) top to bottom to support DCS’ recruitment and retention goals and enhance its reputation at the local, provincial, national and international levels. You will consult with clients within DCS (including the Dean, directors and coordinators) to plan, develop and implement strategic and effective digital marketing campaigns, while working within established frameworks (brand guidelines, etc.) and with central resources (UVic Communications + Marketing, etc.) as required.
You will report to the Director, DMS and receive general direction from the Director as it relates to DCS’ objectives and its overall marketing strategy, objectives, and plans. You are expected to effectively manage the day-to-day workload to achieve these objectives.
You will enjoy a strong benefits package including competitive pay, generous paid vacation time, a hybrid work arrangement, terrific dental and health benefits, funding for career development, a discounted state-of-the-art gym membership and more.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, plus three (3) years of recent experience in managing digital campaigns, email marketing experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Advanced level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Working knowledge of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
- Demonstrated experience with an email marketing platform (Campaigner, Envoke, Constant Contact, Active Campaign, HubSpot etc.)
- Experience with Google Web Designer, Apple Keynote and/or other animation/video platforms
- Experience on the macOS platform
- Advanced experience with:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Business Manager
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Google Analytics
- Google Data Studio
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Ability to articulate, present and defend creative ideas and concepts to a non-creative audience in a clear, concise and convincing manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including negotiating, team building and ability to interact and build consensus among a wide variety and range of staff
- General knowledge of budgeting process, and ability to plan and allocate line items within a set budget, monitor expenses.
- Ability to creatively approach and solve problems
- Exceptional talent for accuracy and attention to detail in visual arrangement, color, typography and flow
- Demonstrated project management skills with flexible approach to projects, showing a willingness to adapt as requirements evolve
- Good judgement and the ability to respond in stressful situations with political sensitivity, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize workload, shifting attention among dynamic tasks and priorities
- Open mind, desire, and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and concepts
- Affinity for working in an interactive team environment
- Active listening skills
- Ability to synthesize and share information effectively
- Commitment to service excellence
Assets and Preferences:
- Recent Google Ads certification
- Recent Google Analytics certification
- Recent Facebook Blueprint certification
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement. Visit uvic.ca to learn more.
Equity and Diversity Statement
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
If you anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
COVID 19 On-Campus Requirements
The University of Victoria requires all new employees to provide proof of vaccination. Your information is confidential and will be securely stored.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!