What you'll be doing
- Leading and planning MEC’s email marketing programs including personalized and triggered programs.
- Developing, executing, analyzing and optimizing email programs to acquire new customers and improving customer retention and lifetime value.
- Coordinating email deployments and managing deliverability issues with MEC’s Web Content team.
- Creating, updating and distributing email program analytics reports.
- Leading and planning selected digital marketing programs.
What you need to do it well
- College program or Bachelor's degree with a specialization in marketing or digital marketing.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Marketing with a demonstrated focus on email and digital marketing.
- Extensive experience developing personalized and triggered email programs is required.
- Experience implementing and/or using marketing automation solutions and email services is desirable.
- Experience in digital marketing such as paid search, ad display and affiliate marketing is desirable.
- Understanding of database tools and processes used to target and generate customer lists.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics to monitor and report on digital marketing performance.
- Proficiency with Excel, especially around creating reports and reviewing data trends.
- Understanding of Cognos or other Business Intelligence tools is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with different sources of data and develop insights and recommendations from it.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization.
- Interest in being active and getting outside!
An outdoor retail co-operative, MEC exists to encourage and inspire Canadians to live active outdoor lifestyles. From backcountry trails to city streets, MEC supports a range of outdoor activities, including climbing, hiking, camping, snowsports, watersports, cycling, running and yoga. Well known for selling high-quality well-designed products that offer great value, MEC employs outdoor enthusiasts who possess a strong service ethic to provide its members with an authentic and accessible customer experience. MEC has more than 3.5 million members across Canada, whom it serves through 17 stores in 6 provinces as well as mec.ca and the Shop MEC iPhone® app. Anyone can join MEC by purchasing a $5 individual lifetime membership in the Co-op.