How would you like to be part of a team of passionate marketers and communicators working for a well-established, national environmental not-for-profit? Your efforts will advance awareness and influence Canadians’ recycling behaviour, ultimately diverting products from our landfills and waterways. Check out our consumer-facing brand at ReGeneration.ca to learn more.
About the Position
We are taking our digital marketing efforts in-house with this brand new position. We are looking for someone to take our digital brand presence to the next level and help our MarComm department become data-driven. Could you be the person we’re looking for?
While the responsibilities of this position include meeting specific KPIs, expectations and requirements, it also offers a lot of room to innovate, experiment and get creative. Our brand is ever-evolving and we are looking for ways to ramp up our public education efforts and improve how we get the word out about recycling our products.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who’s an expert at creating compelling online content, and equally good at measuring the content’s success and optimizing it for continuous improvement. We’re looking for someone who loves consumer psychology, is an exceptional creator of content, and knows how to analyze data to make strategic recommendations that can inform our overall MarComm strategy. The successful candidate will be a responsible and reliable self-starter who is eager to explore all digital marketing opportunities and loves to learn, test and improve.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, this position will have a hand in all aspects of Product Care’s digital marketing efforts including: strategy, research, budgeting, content creation (writing and design), A/B testing, analytics, reporting, and social media management.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Developing the digital marketing strategy, with support from the Manager
- Organizing, tracking and maintaining digital marketing budgets
- Managing all social media channels including content creation, engagement, advertising and reporting
- Working efficiently with design to ensure you have the best visuals necessary to execute your work
- Working with and providing direction to junior staff members – teaching them about digital marketing and utilizing their skills effectively to support the strategy
- Evaluating SEO of our websites and making necessary improvements
- Improving the effectiveness of our member newsletters
- Developing, implementing and managing paid campaign strategies across multiple platforms (Google Search & Display, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- A/B testing the effectiveness of different brand language with varying audiences
- Staying on top of digital marketing trends and best practices and sharing them with the team; learning and improving upon best practices, tactics and skills
- Generating reports to determine ROI of activities and to ensure KPIs are being met
- Making informed recommendations for continuous improvement
- Supporting on any other departmental or organizational initiatives, as identified by the Marketing + Communications Manager
Qualifications + Previous Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a digital marketing role including SEO, SEM, keyword development, targeting, A/B testing, conversion tracking, reporting, optimization, social media management, etc.
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certifications (or willingness to obtain both prior to start-date)
- Experience developing content calendars, scheduling content, managing social media accounts, spotting patterns/trends, making recommendations, and reporting on results
- An effective written communicator across various media, including proofreading spelling and grammar, writing long form blogs, copywriting snappy social media posts, and interpreting numbers into written reports
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and good at managing up – nothing slips through the cracks on your watch
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with multiple projects on the go at any given time, and can handle competing priorities
- An understanding of numbers with the ability to make data- and research-driven recommendations
- Independent and self-motivated
- A proactive self-starter who easily spots opportunities for continuous improvement and knows how to act on them
- A strong commitment to deadlines and following through on projects to the end
This is a permanent, full-time position located at Product Care’s head office near Olympic Village in Vancouver. Typical hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, with the potential for occasional evening and weekend work. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include MSP coverage, extended medical/dental, and RRSP matching up to 3% of salary. Product Care offers paid vacation, as well as six personal days off per year, and paid office closure between Christmas and New Year.