Imagine working for an organization that exists to create a world where no Canadian has to fear cancer. At the Canadian Cancer Society, our teams include people just like you: dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to creating real change.
As Canada’s largest national health charity and leader in the fight against cancer, the Canadian Cancer Society has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity:
- We spearhead life-saving research. As the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, the Society has invested more than one billion dollars in research so far, and efforts have led to breakthroughs that revolutionize the way cancer is diagnosed, treated and prevented.
- We empower people facing cancer with free information and support services for patients and their families. Since 1996 the Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Information Service has helped more than one million Canadians with their cancer-related questions.
- We lead change for a healthier Ontario. The Canadian Cancer Society has been a forceful and persistent voice on the tobacco control front, and efforts have led to laws that prohibit smoking in public spaces and workplaces, ban cigarette displays and vending machines and help control contraband.
The Society also mobilizes a community of fighters – 60,000 volunteers in Ontario alone – to help deliver programs, organize fundraising events, push change through government and fuel prevention efforts.
All of this is made possible through our ground-breaking fundraising programs and campaigns such as Relay For Life and Daffodil Month, as well as the unwavering support of our corporate partners and donors.
Be part of our team and make the biggest difference in the fight against cancer as a:
Digital Marketing Specialist
Reference #: FG 587
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
The Digital Marketing Specialist will lead the implementation digital marketing and fundraising solutions to achieve fundraising and mission goals for the Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society. This position is responsible to ensure we utilize current best practices to maximize our marketing, fundraising and education efforts.
- Lead the implementation of digital marketing & fundraising solutions for new and existing programs, across the organization. This could include, but is not limited to, the creation and deployment and integration of websites, Google Analytics, SEO/SEM campaigns and social media activities.
- Lead user experience design and implement optimization plans for new and modified digital solutions.
- Participate actively in design, development, configuration and quality assurance testing of digital solutions.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop reports and dashboards for digital solutions.
- Oversee ticket management system for handling inbound public and staff support requests; review, establish and optimized processes; define SLAs and monitor reports to ensure customer service levels are met
- Ontario Division staff support lead for Luminate online fundraising platform.
- Working with National Office, ensure that available documentation and training resources are made available to division stakeholders and that business processes around digital fundraising are adhered to. Conduct training sessions for division staff and volunteers, as required.
- Research and evaluate tools with the potential to meet business needs within digital solutions.
- Provide ongoing consultation to staff regarding digital solutions
- Ensure the Society’s visual identity and web development standards are adhered to in all online marketing & fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CMA, PIPEDA, AODA, CCS, and Imagine’s Ethical Fundraising Code.
- Stay current on innovations and best practises as they relate to digital fundraising and marketing.
- Work with 3rd party vendors (as required).
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations.
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in online/digital marketing/e-commerce; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 3 years of digital experience, including the development of websites, execution of e-mail marketing campaigns, Google Analytics, SEM/PPC/CPC campaigns, and social media.
- Experience with online fundraising platforms (Convio/Luminate preferred) and/or content management systems.
- Experience with user interface design, wireframes and user experience testing.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including experience with online data collection, analysis, and report development.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written communication skills.
- Customer focus to interact with staff, donors, volunteers and members of the general public.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Photoshop an asset.
- Experience working in a large multi-level or non-profit organization an asset.
- Experience in project and client management an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures would be an asset.
- A Criminal Records Check is required.
- Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours
- Intermittent evening and weekend work, some overtime required
- Some planned travel (within the city/province) may be required (minimal)
WHAT WE OFFER
The Society offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We arecommitted to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a salary in the high 50K range, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.