Century Group is a real estate development company with more than fifty years of developing, owning and managing a diverse portfolio of properties throughout BC, with a primary focus on the Metro Vancouver region. Over the course of its history Century Group has earned a strong reputation as a community builder focused on strengthening the communities in which it has built, owned and operated properties. As we look to our future, taking leadership in designing and building more urban walkable, transit-oriented communities will be our focus.
Digital Marketing Specialist
We are now seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to support our team as we continue to expand and build our portfolio of real estate assets, development and mixed-use projects.
Reporting to the Director, Communications & Marketing, the successful candidate will be a community minded, collaboration-driven, creative individual who will thrive on managing an intricate web of online assets across a number of businesses.
- Publicise Century Group’s corporate identity to online audiences as it relates to overall branding, recruitment and business development
- Foster innovation in the company’s approach to digital marketing and delivery of an engaging, online customer experience
- Educate company leaders on the value and benefits of digital marketing and lead the transformation of online as a prominent component of marketing
Be a public face of the business, online and in-person, in a variety of forums, events and sponsorships and to liaison with other company leaders to engage them in these same activities
- Introduce creative ideas to leverage online content and advertising campaigns, lead idea generation and brainstorm content development with departments and partners
- Write, edit and publish articles and posts on industry topics, projects and corporate initiatives
- Develop digital video and photographic content in collaboration with the Communications team, and take, filter and edit original content for use on blogs and social media platforms
- Support Real Estate Marketing with ongoing video production, programming and online sharing
- Curate and generate original content for a company intranet, blogs and social media streams, and develop and maintain several content calendars and distribution plans
- Populate Century Group’s social media channels to foster online engagement and increase awareness of our company, properties and projects, and to provide oversight and coaching to project sales staff who contribute directly to the company’s social media platforms
- Support employee engagement initiatives by contributing content, and enable and advise leaders and staff throughout the organization to develop strategic content calendars and post their own content, ensuring sufficient content is published for all of our business assets
Digital Marketing Management
- Manage all corporate online assets, including websites, blogs and standard social media channels
- Collaborate with Director, Communications & Marketing to establish standards to measure and benchmark the effectiveness of digital marketing
- Proactively analyze the performance of campaigns, posts and shares and regularly measure the performance and effectiveness of online content and social media posts
- Monitor website traffic and key analytics, such as user pathways, and make recommendations for enhancements to our websites to improve customer experience and build engagement
- Leverage video sharing for advertising operating properties and development projects
Events, Public Relations and Brand Awareness
- Develop creative ideas to amplify and enhance the company’s corporate sponsorships and community engagement events online
- Attend industry, sponsored and community engagement events with the intent of capturing the spirit, intent and excitement in video, photography, prose, keywords and hashtags
- Assist with the generation of event-specific collateral with Century Group’s in-house designer
- Research influencers and partners for reciprocal links and advertising opportunities
Education and Experience
We expect this individual to have a certificate, degree or diploma in a related area (communications, journalism, marketing) and 1 to 3 years of experience in digital marketing, copywriting and/or event management OR an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Our ideal candidate is highly-engaged with multiple social media platforms and has a genuine interest in, and early adopter of, digital technology.
This person has a strong understanding of what it takes to create and curate interesting content, is meticulous with detail, and has an exceptional ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing. They possess an entrepreneurial drive, a customer-centred attitude, a witty personality and a great sense of humour.
- Provide Cover Letter and Résumé in Google Docs, shared with firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments will not be accepted)
- Produce a 15 second video on the theme ‘Yes, I’m Epic’, without recording yourself, and post as a direct message to Instagram: @CenturyGroupDev